Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC/NTL/CHORUS Complaints, Connection Problems

Options
  • 28-09-2008 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi all i know there's lots of stuff in other threads about the disaster that upc/ntl/chorus is but i think its about time to get all the probs under one thread so people in the same position with time outs, can't connect, server resets, unable to access p2p, online gaming, etc can share info with each other. maybe a clear picture will emerge as to whats they are up to. heres my story 20mb ultra, can't connect to P2P = Soulseek, DC++, have rapidshare premium account it was down to under 100kb's last night. web pages consistently timing out, while speedtest.net gives a line speed of over 10mb's. have all relevant ports forwarded. ditched the netgear router and replaced with linksys get the same ****ty speeds and problems when connected directly to the cable modem with ethernet cable have 3 computers in the house, tested all independently and same problems ditched avast antivirus made a difference to speedtest results but no performance improvement ditched AVG same as above works the same with firewall on or off look forward to responses
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

MSN consistently keeps signing in and out every 20 minutes or so.

Bittorrent is throttling. I get a max of about 29KB/s, when my TCP transfers download at 1.1MB/s.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭expatoz

monday morning
    speedtest 18000kb's
    having probs checking my emails, worse than dial up
    i have 3 email accounts maybe that's exceeding normal use

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

already have a thread covering issues and already have a thread covering P2P config etc, no need to cross post and create a new thread

thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement