Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revenue/Tax Refund.....HOW TO?

Options
  • 28-09-2008 3:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Hey lads and lassies,

Left my job last month, got my final paypacket recently. However, I was stopped over 600.00 in Emergency tax.....

I've been using the Revenue online system but there doesn't seem to be an option to get a refund of this tax....anyone know how to do this on the website?

Thanks a lot!

Ste

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Ermmm...nothing to do with this forum.

Moving to Work & Jobs, it might be more relevant there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I think you would need to ring them, the online system wouldn't cover this.

If you only paid emergency tax in your final wage packet (assuming you were in the job >3 months), something is very wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

just visit revenue office and talk to one of the customer services as this services is not available online, only way to visit revenue office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭steo87

Thanks for the help lads!
    I went into the tax office...its all sorted!

The girl said that they advise 6 weeks for the refund to go through.....she said it will be sooner than that though, they just have to advise that.......

Anyway, my question is, realistically, how long will it take for the refund to go through??

Thanks,

Ste

Advertisement