Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

StracTech "FAST" Mag holder. *Genius!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

That guy kinda looks like you.... :p

That looks cool.... How many mags it hold?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭private.G

Looks brilliant. Arrgh it wont work with g36 mags, or will?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

its very bulky for only holding 3 mags, think someone quoted 150usd or something like that per unit, not shore on that thought can not find the post/site i read it on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Ya shouldn't really need anymore than 3 mags on one side of your body.

And what with the increased interest in milsim type games with a lot of players lately, these would be the perfect tool., im gonna look into ordering one myself.,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

Meh. Looks a little bulky and gimmicky to me. About 4 mags in normal holders would take up half the space.
    Quick reload is great, but not at the cost of weight / bulk IMO. Especially more so with midcaps vs hicaps

Will wait until I see one 'in the flesh' before I pass personal judgement on it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

They look pretty sweet to be honest. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

jeeze its like something from terminator....or the 21 century...oh...wait...

completely pointless, totally unnecessary, over the top for airsoft...therefore I WANT ONE!!! LOL

i wonder can you access the mags if it jams?? would be really scary running around thumping the plastic to get a mag out....also i would imagine they will make them part of the body armour thereby reducing the weight...very smart development...

sorry but buying the latest gear is not 'mil sim' at all, milsim is how you play the game more than anything else not what gear you go an buy, for me its bulky adds far to much to the chest area for my likely imagine trying to crawl, its far from milsim its just being a gerdo :) , for me simple open top pouches are far more practical and use friendly:

esstripm4a2.jpg
    opentopdouba2.jpg

my 2 cents

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

It's Gucci, I want it. Simple as. I'll probably rarely use it since I use magpuls and ranger plates on my mags but, from my curious engineer standpoint of "ooooh how does that work", I'd get one. If nothing else I'd leave it on my back to dispense spare mags to those I'm playing with. Apart from a radio pouch, there's not a lot else there anyway.

Besides, it's airsoft. Where's the fun of it without funky gadgets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭JonAnderton

a magazine for magazines.. Outstanding!

can see this being a great addition for any support gunner.. Or for any gunner for that matter..

• Advertisement

a magazine for magazines.. Outstanding!

can see this being a great addition for any support gunner.. Or for any gunner for that matter..

LOL, never thought of it like that....

http://www.stractech.com/news.html

a little bit of bad news...looks like military procurement is absorbing all the stock..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭JonAnderton

looking at the great 'clone' accessories rsov are stocking, hopefully wont be long til there's a version made of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭NakedHedgehog

I thought I read a review of this on MilspecMonkey a while ago - wasn't that great. Too bulky, too cumbersome to use.

I think it would slow down my reloading rather than speeding it up. Open pouches with a mag pull (or even ducktape and paracord) and it's fast enough.

The only place I could this being useful at all is mounted to your back where you have relatively limited access to.

Gimmicky I'd say.

I wouldn't even call it geardo.

Puding wrote: »
    sorry but buying the latest gear is not 'mil sim' at all, milsim is how you play the game more than anything else not what gear you go an buy, for me its bulky adds far to much to the chest area for my likely imagine trying to crawl, its far from milsim its just being a gerdo :) , for me simple open top pouches are far more practical and use friendly:

No piece of gear is "milsim" but carrying rediculous amounts of ammo certainly isnt milsim, as i said, theres no need for anymore than 3 mags on on side of your body and yes, you could fit way more mags with normal pouches but why would you?
    I dont see why you couldnt crawl either, the guy in the video is prone with it on and it doesnt stick out anymore than some of the other regualr vests ive seen, 2 stanag mags in a pouch for instance is thicker than this unit.,

No piece of gear is "milsim" but carrying rediculous amounts of ammo certainly isnt milsim, as i said, theres no need for anymore than 3 mags on on side of your body and yes, you could fit way more mags with normal pouches but why would you?

where did needing to carry more mags come into it? all i said for me there is easy more low profile ways to carry your mags, and the guy in the video does not move, i would not want to be crawling hugging the ground along a firetrap with that on my front,
    And what with the increased interest in milsim type games with a lot of players lately, these would be the perfect tool.

it was your comment that sounded like you where saying that equipment denoted milsim, sorry if i read to much into it

but it depends on your personal option i know people who can not stand chest rig where as other swear by them, each to there own

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭amaughan

vtec wrote: »
    Ya shouldn't really need anymore than 3 mags on one side of your body.

And what with the increased interest in milsim type games with a lot of players lately, these would be the perfect tool., im gonna look into ordering one myself.,:)

the reason why milsim is growing with the players is because you can only run around like a mad thing shooting everything that moves for so long before you get board,besides airsoft is ment to be milsim why do you think the guns are exact replicas and we wear military clothing its to get as real as possible without dieing ha.

You explain that like as if i dissagree.,

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

That guy looks like Ritchie with an enormous Pez dispenser stuck on his side.

To be fair, many of us have trouble keeping our AEGs running reliably for a whole game, never mind automated mag dispensers and what have you. I'd see it as another potential point of failure, although it might be justified for a support gunner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Edit: deleted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

kevteljeur wrote: »
    That guy looks like Ritchie with an enormous Pez dispenser stuck on his side.

To be fair ...

To be fair most of us thought Richie was a Pez dispenser before the advent of the FAST system.

:D

WTF is a pez dispenser? and that guy doesnt look anything like me., :p

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

OMG you never had PEZ! :P

There you go:
    Smurfs_Pez_Series_2.jpg

They are the same as the mag dispenser only the dispense something that you need far quicker! CANDY:p

Basically made for fat kids who couldn't open the packets because of there sausage fingers:D

ROFL!

never heard of them,but thats probably coz im not a fat kid would couldnt open a packet., :D
    funny actually, if ya leave out the "kid" part, youve got an accurate discription of ronan/hivemind....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

ROFL!

never heard of them,but thats probably coz im not a fat kid would couldnt open a packet., :D
    funny actually, if ya leave out the "kid" part, youve got an accurate discription of ronan/hivemind....

Bite me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭amaughan

You explain that like as if i dissagree.,

lol
    not at all man just saying thats why milsim is growing so much

Advertisement