Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuam Book Club

Options
  • 27-09-2008 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭

My gf and I moved to Tuam about six months ago and we haven't really got to know anybody in the area. We're both in our early twenties. I work in IT and my girlfriend's a writer. I know there's a good few boardsies in and around Tuam and my gf came up with the idea of maybe starting a book club.
    I thought I'd just throw out some feelers here before we put signs up around the town.
    Would any of you hip young boardsies want to basically meet up for a few drinks in someone's house (Ours can be the first venue of course) and natter a bit. Or have any other ideas of something interesting to do that doesn't involve going to Tuam's notiorious pubs =)

(GF's input on what this sounds like....)
    Does anyone want to be our friends? Please say you'll be our friends. We'll be ever so nice and not weird at all. Really.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 cheeeesecake

I like this idea!! I moved to Abbeyknockmoy from Blackpool UK in April and *still* haven't made any friends!!

I'm lucky and haven't been on a night out in Tuam yet (or anywhere in fact!!) but like the idea of a book club or general get-together-for-a-few-drinks-club!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Hey sorry for the delay in replying we just moved house and had no internet for a few weeks.
    Great hopefully we can get some more interest together and then have our first meeting soon enough!
    Hope you'll be in touch.
    Jay and Maebh

Advertisement