Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laois Shopping Centre Extension

Options
  • 27-09-2008 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭

Is it true that work has stopped on the Laois Shopping Centre Extension behind 4Homes and opposite Kyle Centre. Thats some hole left in the ground if it's true.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

they were working on it just last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I've hear more rumours that work has ceased, anyone heard anymore?

Feck thats not good, the credit crunch is really hitting home. that won't help local jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

Yeah, not good when there's a huge hole in the ground, just left like that. I've heard the same from someone else in the construction/ development game, we are living in very interesting times and this is just the start of it. It must be worrying enough for ANY of the new retail ventures that have sprouted up in Portlaoise in very recent times....

I think the ventures that are already here will be ok and will continue to trade and exist. Maybe a few jobloses as they won't get the trade they were expecting. But these are big brand names and are already doing well.
    But for any ventures that were planning to come to Portlaoise will take their time in making any move. They'll be looking for a more stable economic climate.

Here is hoping that they'll fill that fecking hole with cark parks and shops in the near future and Portlaoise will continue to grow as it's a hole itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

I though that hole was going to be an underground car park, normally get delayed every morning going to work as i have to pass by it, and end up stuck behing a bloody digger or some sort of machinery (I swear boss;)).

Haven't noticed them not working tho, not as must activity there as before, but still some lads working away. Probably mixing boxes of polyfiller to fill it back up and hoping for the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

kikel wrote: »
    Here is hoping that they'll fill that fecking hole with cark parks and shops in the near future and Portlaoise will continue to grow as it's a hole itself.

LMAO :D

Danno,
    Ya heard right. A big write up about it in the paper this week. Some say it's because of the big R others say it's to do with planning. ie pending conclusion of design agreements with the anchor tenent.

Advertisement