Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fertility

Options
  • 27-09-2008 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where you can get tests done? Is it expensive?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Thanks for the link dude, didn't realise these things can be done at home now. I got a bit worried when you linked to the stuff about problems caused by undescended testes (I had one but had an op when I was ten so now I have a pair) didn't realise it could still have consequences.

No worries, I read about that test somewhere a while back and just remembered it when you asked the question.

I had the same op on both at the same age, and tbh I was as shocked by you when I read that other stuff. I knew the ongoing issues associated with it, but I never realised that the risks were increased by so much. Whatever about the fertility part of it which isn't really an issue for me right now, but the cancer info really made me think and I'll be checking myself a lot more from now on.

Oh yeah I'm not planning on impregnating anyone any time soon either! But its worth knowing, and would probably be important if in a relationship, deciding whether to go rubberless and other reasons. Jeez you had to have both done though? That's harsh, and puts your risks up even further doesn't it? Definitely will need to regularly check from now on too.

Yeah, definitely higher risk, and if this forum does nothing more than make the pair of us check ourselves more regularly it'll have justified its creation. Hopefully other guys who've been in the same situation will read this do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭sean_0

I got a bit worried when you linked to the stuff about problems caused by undescended testes (I had one but had an op when I was ten so now I have a pair) didn't realise it could still have consequences.

Can you point me to the post where this was linked? I also had that op and was not aware of the higher risk until I read this thread.

Edit: Just found it, wow that's scary. Will be checking regularly from now on

Do we need a thread for the undescended amongst us?

It's looking like it!

Advertisement