Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New glasses uncomfortable?

Options
  • 27-09-2008 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just last week I got a new pair of glasses after 7 years (according to the records of the store I went to!). I don't really need glasses all the time, just for watching tv, cinema and that sort of stuff. As I told the optician, Irish people look better with a mild blur...

Anyway I did all the tests, picked out my lenses and all that. The optician said I've pretty much the same prescription as I had back then, but my new glasses don't feel right to look through. The focus is perfect on them... it's just that my eyes feel like they're being forced open/strained while wearing them. I don't necessarily get headaches or anything though.

I'm wondering if anyone's had this before? Is it just that I've to get used to them? My old glasses (vaguely still in tact) aren't like this at all.

If it makes any odds, my prescription is about -1.2 on each eye.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭decsramble

For me it always takes a few hours to get used to new glasses. I picked up a new pair yesterday and noticed the difference straight away. They are fine now though. Even if your perscription doesnt change the size of your glasses might or cleaner/scratch less glass can all seem strange at first.

That said if you do find it too different and you do not get used to it you should go back to the optician.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

decsramble wrote: »
    For me it always takes a few hours to get used to new glasses. I picked up a new pair yesterday and noticed the difference straight away. They are fine now though. Even if your perscription doesnt change the size of your glasses might or cleaner/scratch less glass can all seem strange at first.

That said if you do find it too different and you do not get used to it you should go back to the optician.

I did get anti-glare for the first time now that you mention it. I'll give it some time before I go back to the optician...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭decsramble

I did get anti-glare for the first time now that you mention it. I'll give it some time before I go back to the optician...
    Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about the anti-glare as well, when I meant scratch less I meant meant no scratches on the lens, you should have seen my old glasses, they looked like someone had sand blasted them ;)

Hope they have settled down for you by now, if not you should contact your optician.

Advertisement