Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 goal or more challenge

Options
  • 27-09-2008 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭

Any body ever tried this. I did it a while back. I started of with 20Euro and made it to 200Euro. Then of course in one bet i lossed it all :mad: Kept telling myself it was only 20euro but i felt ****. Anyway, i think there's good money to be made it in with dedication and disipline. I'm thinking of starting it again with 50Euro. Feel free to join if you wish ;) Btw,i use betfair

First bet:

Stoke v Chelsea @ 1.05- 50 Euro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

u are better off starting it off with a betting bank of say €500 or whatever and bet 20% per match.This way your bank should never reach zero.Also check all the matches not just prem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Bet 2: Buyuksehir v Besiktas @ 1.07 - 52.50Euro

Bet 3:Ipswich v crystal Palace @1.11

are u just rolling all the profits forward then of course u are destined to lose, so why start this thread?

Bet 4: Gijon v Villarreal @ 1.07- 62.36 Euro

• Advertisement

thedini wrote: »
    are u just rolling all the profits forward then of course u are destined to lose, so why start this thread?

Well, you have a point but i will try make it to a target of 200Euro and then start again or withdraw what i started with and continue. That way, i don't lose anything unless i lose before i make it to 200. Saying that i will probably stop at 100 and take out 50 and start again. That way, there's less of a risk. I don't see the harm in starting this thread. If you don't want to join then, don't post.

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Well, you have a point but i will try make it to a target of 200Euro and then start again or withdraw what i started with and continue. That way, i don't lose anything unless i lose before i make it to 200. Saying that i will probably stop at 100 and take out 50 and start again. That way, there's less of a risk. I don't see the harm in starting this thread. If you don't want to join then, don't post.

u say in an earlier post that there's money in it with dedication and disipline yet when i give u advice u scoff. i think u don't have a clue tbh but gl anyway.

u say in an earlier post that there's money in it with dedication and disipline yet when i give u advice u scoff. i think u don't have a clue tbh but gl anyway.

Well thanks but i wasn't scoffing :rolleyes: It was fair advice but i really don't have 500Euro to have in my betfair account. I wouldn't risk starting with 100Euro. I'm just staying within the limits of what i can afford on gambling. I don't take it as seriously as you. Thanks anyway.

Well thanks but i wasn't scoffing :rolleyes: It was fair advice but i really don't have 500Euro to have in my betfair account. I wouldn't risk starting with 100Euro. I'm just staying within the limits of what i can afford on gambling. I don't take it as seriously as you. Thanks anyway.
    what are u starting with? what % of bank, i was using €500 as an eg it could be €10 its the same principle.u are staying within ur limits u say what allin every bet, trust me u are doomed to fail unless u use a different strategy with regards ur bank. bets of luck

what are u starting with? what % of bank, i was using €500 as an eg it could be €10 its the same principle.u are staying within ur limits u say what allin every bet, trust me u are doomed to fail unless u use a different strategy with regards ur bank. bets of luck

Start with 100Euro in the bank
    Bet with 50E (50percent of bank) and use winnings from previous bets until i reach 100Euro

Start again with the 50Euro profit i have made at no loss as have the original 100E now in the bank

Make it to 100e again. Keep 50e of the winnings and use the other 50euro winnings to bet again.

Keep repeating this process of starting with 50E and gaining 50e each time.

Sounds like an ok stategy to me.

So, i'm starting with 50% of the bank but this decreases each time i reach 100Euro.

• Advertisement

are u going to be betting €50 or 50% of your bank? if its either reconsider. i don't mean to sound harsh but heh

are u going to be betting €50 or 50% of your bank? if its either reconsider. i don't mean to sound harsh but heh

Well,it's 50Euro which is 50% of the bank at first. But then the % of the bank would decrease each time i make it to 100Euro as i will always begin with 50Euro no matter how much my bank increases. You are right, i could start with 25 % and increase this to 50% with time but i will see how it goes anyway. I will try to make it to 100euro each week, making 50 euro profit each week but i probably won't stick by that strictly. Anyway, i'm happy with how i've done today.

Last bet today:

Espanyol v Barcelona @ 1.06

Ok all the bets came in today luckily. Started with 50euro and i'm up to 70.73Euro. That is what i will start on tomorrow. Hopefully make it close to 100euro and then start at 50e again at 33% of bank to minimise risk.

Well,it's 50Euro which is 50% of the bank at first. But then the % of the bank would decrease each time i make it to 100Euro as i will always begin with 50Euro no matter how much my bank increases. You are right, i could start with 25 % and increase this to 50% with time but i will see how it goes anyway. I will try to make it to 100euro each week, making 50 euro profit each week but i probably won't stick by that strictly. Anyway, i'm happy with how i've done today.

Last bet today:

Espanyol v Barcelona @ 1.06
    next 2 matches finish 0-0 then what? and trust me at odds of 1.05 for a socer match for a goal to be scored, i would prefer to be backing 0-0 and laying it off with a proper bank.

next 2 matches finish 0-0 then what? and trust me at odds of 1.05 for a socer match for a goal to be scored, i would prefer to be backing 0-0 and laying it off with a proper bank.

I've tried this. True, you can make money that way too but say the odds are @10 for 0-0 at the start of the game and you want to wait till they are around @7 or 8 to lay out and make some profit, what happens if there are goals before you get time to lay. I have seen goals within a few minutes on the matches i bet on today so i think it's as profitable but still as risky also.

If the next match was to end 0-0, i would take a break from betting, not chase my losses and come back when i want to start again, lowering the % of my bank.

I don't know why you are so against what i'm doing here. There are always risks in betting but i think this is more realistic than placing large amounts on favourites to win (Barcelona who are now losing for eg).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

he is so against it, as you put it, because it is a thoughtless idea thats doomed to fail!

sorry to sound harsh but you dont have a chance here, thedini gave you very good advice in his first reply but its lost on you, maybe you dont understand it or maybe you just dont like it

but starting with a specific bank and betting 20% of it only will give you 5 chances to get a win each time in theory, whereas the system you seem to intend on using will require amazing accuracy and luck

what happens if Barca didnt get that very dodgy very late penalty against Espanyol? your bank is gone right?

also i would advise you to look into other markets barring the premiership and la liga!

study the form at lower leagues and really pay attention to it, thats where you might have an edge on the bookie, slightly

think of all the guys who lumped into arsenal to beat hull, im sure they thought it was a certainty but there is no such thing in sports betting!

look at american football and try learn about that, its a fairly easy market to make money in

but you shouldnt be betting your bank each time, or even 50% of it! its a recipe for disaster....

good luck

EDIT: hmmmm, it seems i may have mis read the title on this and my advice may be way off if i have, but im tired and a little drunk so ill leave it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

jaffa20 you still in the game?

Mike

mike65 wrote: »
    jaffa20 you still in the game?

Mike

Yeah i've been betting away on one goal or more. Just havn't been posting on here. I made it to 100euro yesterday. So will keep 50euro of that and now starting again with the other 50euro. At the moment, i'm not risking any of my own money, just the winnings i made so not doing to bad. Currently betting on 33% of my bank and that will decrease to 25% when i make it to 100euro again. Then i will keep continuing to bet with 25 percent of my bank and see how far i get. At least i wont have made a loss. :)

kryogen wrote: »

what happens if Barca didnt get that very dodgy very late penalty against Espanyol? your bank is gone right?

I wouldn't care because Espanyol had already scored earlier in that match. :D

Advertisement