Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile key cutting

Options
  • 27-09-2008 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭

My girlfriend managed to lose her car keys last night down around the locke bar, and needs to get into her car fairly urgently, anyone recommend a mobile key cutting service? is it possible?!
    We've asked in the pub, henry st., etc, no sign :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

zuroph wrote: »
    My girlfriend managed to lose her car keys last night down around the locke bar, and needs to get into her car fairly urgently, anyone recommend a mobile key cutting service? is it possible?!
    We've asked in the pub, henry st., etc, no sign :(
    ring the key cutting shop on mallow street doubt they do it but may point u in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i've found someone :)
    http://www.locktec.ie
    pricey, but its her own fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

The lock doctor might be able to help you.

If you're GF's car is a modern(ish) car it will have an immobiliser and the key will need to be programmed to start the car. The Lock Doctor can do some key programming but I don't know if they can do all cars.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

yeah, loctec referred me to the lock doctor, guy called kevin came out, very helpful, had it open in no time, and was going to programme a new key for us, if she hadnt found her keys in the boot of the car!!!! :( all morning she swore blind she'd given them to me to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Discriminateire

<SNIP>

Mod edit: You can't make allegations like that on a public forum. You'll get this site in all sorts of legal trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

An alarm is the only way to go. alos, have multiple locks on your door and some which you have fitted yourself. Only way to be sure no one has a key to your place.

That won't stop anyone breaking the locks, but an alarm box on the front of a property is a good deterrant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

zuroph wrote: »
    All morning she swore blind she'd given them to me to mind.

- I bet when she popped the boot she found a white rabbit in a top hat beside her bunch of keys....

• Registered Users Posts: 55,466 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Please don't resurrect 10 month old threads, thanks (original vendetta post deleted as it contained a very serious allegation that could get this site in trouble).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement