Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade cabs for sale - job lot in Wicklow

Options
  • 27-09-2008 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hello all.

This could be of interest to you.

Got a call this morning from a contract I have down in Wicklow.

He has a job lot of 7 arcade cabs for sale. They're all generic JAMMA (as far as I know) and all identical. They're 19 inch monitors and he converted them to gambling machines in the past (as far as I know this means removing the sticks and adding a control panel with big buttons).

Anyway, he wants rid of the lot and is offering all 7 for €1000. In fairness, they sound ripe for converting to MAME and I think it's a very fair price. My man reckons he has all the joysticks and buttons knocking around somewhere, so if there was serious interest I'd image he'd look a little harder;)

I haven't the time, space on inclination myself to be honest, but he's a very decent guy and I told him I'd ask around and see if anyone I knew might bite. I'd even written up a big long PM to mitchomagic who I've sold cabs to before... and then saw his "giving it all up" post from few days ago!!

So I'm throwing it open here. Please note, this guy is an operator, not a shop, so he won't sell bits of this one and parts of that one - he'll want all 7 cabs taken away at the same time... ASAP too;)

If anyone is genuinely interested, please PM me and I can get you contact details.

And if there's 7 people on here thinking of making a MAME cab, club together, borrow a big van and you're getting the guts of your cab for less than €150!

I'm hoping to get back to him by 03/10/08, so if you're interested, please let me know by then.

And Mods - apologies if this shouldn't go up here. It's just not an adverts.ie type product yet!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Interested! PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

mmmmmmmmm i could stretch to 150, but i'm in the midlands....****...i wouldnt know how to get it back here!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 RonnieT

Thanks for the interest but there's unfortunately not enough people interested in these to make it a viable deal.

As you'll know if you've had dealings with Op's before, they aren't like shops and they don't run around sending pics, organising vans, helping you load things or provide after sales service!

So unless 6 other people keen enough to slap their cash on the table appear in the next 24 hours, I'll tell him there's no interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

ok - if its a case of just knocking on the dudes door I'm sure I would still be interested

Advertisement