Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: Gabon [** Spoilers **]

Options
  • 27-09-2008 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

The new series has begun in the US with a 2hour premiere! Seems interesting so far - not going to put any spoilers down just yet...Need to see if I'm on my own here!

So anyone keeping up to date with the US run // going to wait until TG4 air it in about 1-2 years!!

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Yeah I'm watching it online after it airs in the US.
    It's alright so far, but I haven't warmed to any of the Survivors yet. Usually you get an idea of who you're gonna like from the beginning, but no one really stands out this year, except maybe the old guy, Bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Yeah Bob is pretty cool.
    One tribe in chaos so far - no direction...And doesn't look like things will change - no one wants to be that leader. Thought it was going to be another tribe taking out all the strongest though when Gillian made it through one and then people were looking at Dan! - People seem to forget that you actually have to be able to get to the merge for a tactic of taking out the strong to work!

Keeping an eye on the
    pro gamer
    though, us nerds have to look out for one another :D

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Seen as it says Spoilers in the title, i'll forgo the use of spoiler tags...

The red tribe (the crowd who lost all challenges so far) is terrible, i mean the picks they made for the tribe were terrible - "I know, lets pick the older, weaker, people, we'll be great!" :confused: and they look like they could go all the way to the merge without winning...

I do like to yellow tribe, looks like they'll be fun too...

I hope that CBS do the same thing as last year with the ponderosa stuff online (i haven't checked yet...) and hopefully this series will live up to last years...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Is anyone watching the latest series of Survivor? From what I've seen so far, I'm not too hopeful that this will come close to being as good as the last series. I'll still watch it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

janey's post merged with existing thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

This reminds reminds me of a previous season when all bar one person on one tribe was eliminated before the merge. As stated previously the way the red team picked their tribe was suicidial. Then they eliminated the strongest girl first.

I wasn't impressed with the Olympic 400 metres relay gold medallist who couldn't even climb up a hill.

Mr E wrote: »
    janey's post merged with existing thread.

Note to self: Get some sleep before doing a search! :p

I'm thinking that if one tribe keeps losing then they might do a switch around pretty early on. I don't think anyone could deal with that....again!

I think some of the contestants seem pretty stupid tbh. Dan trying to figure out that clue for the immunity idol was pretty funny. I'd love it if the clues led to the place where they get comfort. They did show a statue on the table inside the hut as immunity was mentioned.

So far, Bob ftw! He is seriously cool. The new Yau Man.

Just finished watching the latest episode.

I love Ace. I like hate like Paloma like sooooo much like OMG!! Kelly is an idiot.

As much as I love Bob, I'm glad Ken beat him. Ken is so cute and nerdy!

Yet again Jeff has decided to try to make the game about him, but I can get over that.

Also, Crystal was great this week.

Amazing powerhouse stuff from Crystal! Was happy for Ken as I said in my original, us nerds stick together :D And Sugar putting lawyer Dan to shame by being able to tell what a sandy crater is eh?!

Red team REALLY need to have someone stand up and say "I'm leader" rather than everyone moaning about a lack of direction and then stepping back like "woah!" when someone asks if they want to be leader. Clips from next week look interesting.

🤪

I forgot to say...since when does 'fang' sound like 'thong'?

• Advertisement

Interesting episode last night...Always fun when they mix teams up, get players to rank or ask questions! Strange to see Bob left so late though. Could be risky voting out Jackie - especially now that Sugar and Kelly are on the same team again; don't rate them too highly!

🤪

As a viewer I think it was stupid of them to vote out Jackie, but considering they didn't know what we know about whether she is with Ace and Sugar, it was an ok decision.

Wow, the latest episode was awesome - what a blindside.
    Hoping for Bob, Sugar and Matty as the final 3.
    Up until now was supporting Kenny - but after the last episode, really saw his evil side.
    Like Bob, Sugar and Matty equally now, so have no idea who I'd like to see win.
    Don't care for Suzie whatsoever. Hope they don't bring her to the final 3.
    Roll on Sunday's finale.

Yeah it was great.

I really want Sugar or Matty to win, and I wouldn't mind Bob winning. Susie doesn't deserve it and Kenny is just an annoying little twat who let power go to his head.

I was watching the Ponderosa videos and Corinne et al are horrible people. Charlie is the worst of them, not talking to Crystal because he wants his friends to like him. How sad.

Was hoping for Ken to do well but he's gone off the rails a little...Didn't understand the ep where Corinne and Bob said they had an idol - let them vote Matty, stay with your alliance...IF they had an idol, they didn't need the extra vote anyways :S

Would like Matty to do well. Bob is ok but hasn't played much (but I do like him being around just for the fake idols). Sugar is meh...too many breakdowns and "Oh I see he lied now :'(".

Suzie is deadweight - the trailer for final is great. Details the four contestants and "Suzie who flew below the radar" - i.e. is a terrible contestant but was on the winning tribe so they didn't need to lose deadweight, then when it became about individuals she was kept around because a) no threat b) no gameplan and c) not popular with jury either.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I just caught up with last Thursdays episode now. Really great Tribal, didn't see that one coming. In fairness to Sugar, it was a fantastic play. If her, Bob or Kenny get to the final Tribal, it'll be a tough choice for the Jurors.

Bob is great at puzzles and skill games, but will he do well in the endurance challenge? Not so sure.... it'll be a great finale (and the reunion should be good fun too).

Mr E wrote: »
    I just caught up with last Thursdays episode now. Really great Tribal, didn't see that one coming. In fairness to Sugar, it was a fantastic play. If her, Bob or Kenny get to the final Tribal, it'll be a tough choice for the Jurors.

Bob is great at puzzles and skill games, but will he do well in the endurance challenge? Not so sure.... it'll be a great finale (and the reunion should be good fun too).

Bob has to be stopped before final 3 I think - just because people like him and the jury has a lot of Koda / new Koda on it. He's the popular choice. Sugar didn't make alliances originally and even still...She also hasn't really been seen "play the game".

Kenny could turn it if he can convince people that it was good that he orchestrated things (but his back is up against the wall at the moment and don't see him lasting the endurance challenge so is dependent on being brought forward). Matty could win the immunitys but not sure about jury votes. It could depend on who he is up against and how pissed the jury is at them...

🤪

Can't believe susie got votes ftw. Glad it worked out though. Randy was hilarious in the reunion show.

No surprise at the winner. Was very surprised that Susie came so close (votes from Ken, Matty, Crystal)...Pretty weak tribal council - they all gave terrible answers but Bob was trying to play very safe. He knew that he had friends on the jury. Sugar could have made it out that she played a great game but just drifted away it seems.

Fair play to Susie with the tower and fighting the instinct to try and go higher. In a way, it is unfortunate that the winner can get another $100,000. I know Bob was popular but I dunno...he won enough money :)

Reunion show was good. Pity it has to be rushed but then they do have to catch up with 18 contestants...Looking forward to the next one!

🤪

Advertisement