Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James May's Big Ideas

Options
  • 26-09-2008 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

W00t! The unsung hero of TG is back with another new series of facts and toys.
    Sunday 28 Sep 2008
    21:00
    BBC Two

In the first of a new series James May travels the globe in search of his ultimate flying machine. He begins by heading into the frozen wastes of Russia to pilot one of the best kept secrets of the Cold War, then James heads to the US to fly the world's only surviving flying car.

In Japan he watches a man struggle with his tiny chopper, before returning to the suburban gardens of Sussex where James turns himself into a human rocket - all in pursuit of finding a better way to get from A to B.

Finally, in California, James encounters his ultimate dream - a flying car capable of vertical take off, and one so simple that anyone can pilot it, but is the world ready for a flying car?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Watched some of this last night, it was ok, nothing amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jvc

I watched this last night. I thought it was pretty good. Nice mix of interesting inventions and a bit of humor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

i was god now i no why he was not much on topgear this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just watched it entertaining enough without being too mindblowing ie it didn't actauly have a point at the end of the day.

I wanted more on this baby

km-ekranoplan.jpg

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Tannylan

Not bad for Sunday T.V

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Does anyone know when this is repeated. I was meant to Sky+ it for my son and only just remembered :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

i wanted to see what the bionic woman saw

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I heard he was at Trinity College back in April - this must be why. It's not very flashy, more educational, with Open University details at the end.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Advertisement