Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do you think you are???

Options
  • 26-09-2008 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭

Reclining on the Ottoman and flicking thru the channels I noticed this RTE 1 programme.

As far as I know it has so far featured Charlie Bird and Jooooooe Duffy.

Strangely both seem to have had ancestors in far flung places like Bermuda and India which of course necessitated trips to both those locations:confused:

I will be keeping an eye on the further episodes to see if anyone has a grannie in Perth WA of a great grandad in Hawaii .

Nice if you can get away with it.. especially now they are angling for a license fee increase.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah quit your jibber jabbing!!!

You know RTE can always sell the format to the BBC and er...:o

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Don't know about you Michéal but I kinda bridle about spending my hard earned bucks sending Duffy and Bird on expenses paid trips.

Could be just me though.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I wouldn't have an issues if they forgot to bring him back.

Mike

Hmmmm Dana out in Nebraska for a bit, so far it's Bermuda, India, Nebraska!!

Amazing.. truly amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 carr6775

She is someone I never would have tired of punching. I'm pleased to see that I'm not mellowing with age.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,998 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I made a special point of not watching to see who was responsible for bringing Dana into the gene-pool. However, as I suspected, it would seem from previous posts that she is all kinds of everything. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

ejmaztec wrote: »
    However, as I suspected, it would seem from previous posts that she is all kinds of everything. :eek:

Cringe.

engrish? wrote: »
    Cringe.

:D

Hmmmm Dana out in Nebraska for a bit, so far it's Bermuda, India, Nebraska!!

Amazing.. truly amazing.

Saw a promo on the next one up next Tue involved trips to New York!!

Why am I not surprised.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Reclining on the Ottoman

Pretty difficult to see the TV from the floor ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

i thought the brother lost by the gran in india was interesting and sad story. worth the airfare.

Indeed indeed,however strikes me a strange that ALL the subjects so far had to do some "long haul" to suss out their antecedents.

Could be just me.I admit to a certain cynical gene

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Well it wouldn't be very interesting television if all your ancestors turned out to be from some Godforsaken place in the back arse of Connaught! :pac:

Well it wouldn't be very interesting television if all your ancestors turned out to be from some Godforsaken place in the back arse of Connaught! :pac:

It would be if one of them married a sheep.

Who mentioned interesting television?:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

YOu're the bigger fool bantam for paying your license fee in the first place.Your money keeps Gerry Ryan stuffing his fat bloated boatrace and making everybody sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

It's rubbish indeed or as John Boland so eloquently put it:
    "Why Should We Care Who You Think You Are?"
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

or some godforsaken place in the backarse of Leinster maybe??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

"Who do you think you are???"
    Your some jumped up media muppet who thinks people give a toss about who yer grandmother was doing on the side

Only problem is that the prog wouldnt last long!:D

English one was funny, John Hurt finding out he isnt decended from Irish royality, i will sell him a pint of Sligo blood seeing as he is so desperate to get some and Boris johnson finding out his is actually the result of years of inbreeding just as his opponents had always said.

Advertisement