Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEXT Sale

Options
  • 26-09-2008 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Hi there,

is there a Next sale on from tomorrow morning? I saw the add for UK, was wondering if there is one here too and if so, what time would it start....

Cheers,
    Magic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

yup,everything 50% off,starts at 7am ends at 6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭snowdaze

Autumn Sale - 50% or less off SALE items - not off everything;)

Very welcome all the sale and I am sure the stores will be thronged early tomorrow am:)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

snowdaze wrote: »
    Autumn Sale - 50% or less off SALE items - not off everything;)

Very welcome all the sale and I am sure the stores will be thronged early tomorrow am:)

Sure sign of the recession - wife said it was far less busy than previously. At 7.30am she was the only person in the queue to pay.

Edit - that was Mahon Point

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I got to Mahon Point about 9.30-didn't know about Next sale til I got there. A lot of summer stuff on sale. Did manage to get 2 tops, pair trousers and a gift set(suitable for teacher!) for 29 euro which wasn't too bad. Also picked up a nice bra in Debehams with 70% off!! :pac::pac:

Son got Wall-e game for 19.99 and Super Smash Brothers Brawl for 34.99 in Game.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭SinLight

Id say the worst sale ever! The clothes over there that are on sale ..... you can get the same in Pennies.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Next sales are crap.

They find a load of crap in the storeroom that no-one would buy in a million years then throw it on the sale rack.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

jayteecork wrote: »
    Next sales are crap.

They find a load of crap in the storeroom that no-one would buy in a million years then throw it on the sale rack.

Agreed Jaytee, but you do get the odd nice thing if you search. Have to agree that most of what was there was shi*e, but I did manage to get some nice(IMO) stuff. There were loads of women with them clear plastic bags FULL of stuff though.(they weren't nice stuff though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Totally agree that Nexts sales are pure crap!

Where they get the stock for their sales I don't know - they seem to have multiple items of the same item that never once appeared on their shelves prior to sale day.

Love a bargain but this sale is one I always avoid !!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

Went into next today on a high, looking forward to getting some nice half price clothes only to find a rail dedicated to the "sale".

Worst sale EVER!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Went into next today on a high, looking forward to getting some nice half price clothes only to find a rail dedicated to the "sale".

Worst sale EVER!

Ditto.. If I'd gotten out of bed at 7 for that, I'd probably have killed someone. Luckily I'm very, very lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭fletch

Yeh worst sale ever...said something like 50% of ALL sale in the window...went in hoping to get 50% off a suit, only to find that there was a small rail of 50% off...grrr

• Registered Users Posts: 43,798 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The only worthwhile sale in NEXT is the one just after Christmas (day after St Stephen's Day if I remember correctly).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,801 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

basquille wrote: »
    The only worthwhile sale in NEXT is the one just after Christmas (day after St Stephen's Day if I remember correctly).

even that one is usually rubbish - as a previous poster said, I don't know where the hell they get their sale stock as it is nothing like the stuff they normally sell - its all multicoloured garish crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,798 ✭✭✭✭Basq

loyatemu wrote: »
    even that one is usually rubbish - as a previous poster said, I don't know where the hell they get their sale stock as it is nothing like the stuff they normally sell - its all multicoloured garish crap.
    Are you saying there's something wrong with the clothes I wear?!?!

don_carrie_2.jpg

NEXT's sale is more often than not pretty bad.. but River Island's sale is worse. And especially the Sligo store which has a queue around the shop.. it's actually quite sad that people will actually queue for the guts of an hour for a reduction on clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

basquille wrote: »
    Are you saying there's something wrong with the clothes I wear?!?!

Didn't know you wore glasses!! :)

This sale was brruuuuttttallll, but usually the Next sales are great for kids stuff if you get in on the first day. The mens sale stuff is tat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

No sale at all in Grafton st.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

^^ Sale was there at grafton street on sat, not sure about sun. As everyone said, it was crap.

Advertisement