Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who can setup a guitar on a Saturday

Options
  • 26-09-2008 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

I want to get my guitar setup tomorrow. Does anyone know of any luthier who provides a walk in service same day service? Some one who has experience with Rickenbackers would be a plus.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

That's gonna be hard to get done in Dublin. What exactly is wrong with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Seziertisch

It really depends on what you mean by set up? Is it just intonating and bridge adjustment or does the truss rod need to be adjusted as well?

That would be a tough one in Dublin, to get it done same day, not to mind that it is a Rick. I had my 12-string set up by an experienced luthier/builder (not in Ireland) and he said he spend 3 hours tweaking the neck to get it right.

He said that everything that could be done to make them difficult to maintain has been done. With 12-string you can't remove the truss rod cover while it is strung and then there are the two truss rods... Look around online, there are luthiers/repair guys talking on various forums about how much they hate them from that perspective.

That said, nothing sounds like one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

punchdrunk wrote: »
    "THE MAN WHO PUT THE MENTAL INTO INSTRUMENTAL"
    Good slogan anyway ;)

Advertisement