Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying Home Economics At Home

Options
  • 26-09-2008 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

I really want to study homec at home for the LC, but I know you need a teacher to sign off the practical work. I asked my old teacher that I had for the JC and she told me she wouldn't be able to [I'm not even a bad student!!], she said it was against her beliefs and yadda yadda.
    If I can't get her to supervise it & sign it what do I do? I'm already taking 8 subjects but I want to do 9 as I plan to study Law and its like 535 and I will need homec and I think I could get 100 points, even though it would be difficult.

So what I want to know is; Is there anyway around this? I mean is there an external examiner or someone else I can get to supervise the practical work and sign off?

Thanks. :]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Could you drop another subject in school and take up home ec instead? You don't really need nine, if you can't get the points with 8 subjects drop a subject you know you wont get an A1 in.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

I would but I can't drop Irish =/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

well you have your 3 mandatory subjects and five other subjects...which if the five do you feel you couldn't get an A1 in?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I don't really get the reasoning for doing so many subjects.

Re the signing off on practicals, your teacher wasn't just being awkward - the signing off is a legally binding document. If the teacher has not supervised your course of preparation for the practicals, he/she cannot legally sign off on it.

Home Ec. isn't that easy to get an A1 in - roughly three to four times the percentage that get an A1 in Home Ec. get one in Geography.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement