Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP ... phoneline into the house is cut

Options
  • 26-09-2008 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭

Hi,

While doing some redecorating i had to cut the phone line that lead to my router in another room, I cut the cable and have to figure out how i can get a new one as ive just ordered a new broadband package.

So just to clarify, the cable comes into the house, into a little white eircom box, and then from there onwards there's just a little stump of a wire, so i need to buy a cable i presume and then the thing that the cable goes into so a phone or isdn line or whatever goes into it. and then i can set up the router again.

Are these the sort of things i can pick up in say maplins? and if so, what exactly do i need!? i dont know the names of these things!

Hope you can offer some advice!
    many thanks

(also posted in nets and comms before finding this board.. admins please feel free to delete / move at your will and apologies for this!)

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Was this the type of cable you cut?

adsl_cable.jpg

It's an RJ11 cable. You can get them in loads of places, including most hardware stores.

Advertisement