Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Goalscorer eachway

Options
  • 26-09-2008 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

How does first goalscorer eachway work??
    for example john o'shea is 25/1 to score first for man utd this weekend...
    if i put 20 euro (10 euro each way) on at these odds what do i get if he scores 1st, 2nd, 3rd??
    Is it only as far as 3rd that the bookies will pay out on??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

I means if he scores a own goal you win obv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 andybhoy_2009

me1724 wrote: »
    How does first goalscorer eachway work??
    for example john o'shea is 25/1 to score first for man utd this weekend...
    if i put 20 euro (10 euro each way) on at these odds what do i get if he scores 1st, 2nd, 3rd??
    Is it only as far as 3rd that the bookies will pay out on??

With each way terms covering the first three scorers it is fairly similar to an anytime goalscorer bet. Basically it means you get 1/3 the odds if your player scores 1,2,3 and sometimes 4th. Obviously you get FGS odds if he scores first, plus 1/3 the odds because its each way. also with some bookmakers Bets on players not taking part in the match will be void as will bets on first player to score where the selection comes on after the first goal is scored

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Have a look some previous threads but here's a copy from PP site

Each-Way 1st Goalscorer Betting
    Each way bets will be settled on 1st goal, 2nd goal,3rd goal,4th goal and 5th goal only. Players who do not score until after the 5th goal has been scored will be treated as losing selections. If less than 5 goals are scored in any given match Paddy Power will settle bets on those goals that are scored. If no goals are scored, all each-way bets will be regarded as losing bets. If a player enters the field of play after the 1st goal is scored, both the win and place part of the bet will be voided unless the first goal is an own goal in which case bets will stand. If a player is sent off or substituted before the first goal is scored, bets on that selection are deemed as losers. If a player scores the first goal of the match, both his win and place part are winners.If a player scores the 2nd , 3rd, 4th or 5thgoal, only his place part is a winner.

A player cannot be placed twice i.e. if he scores the 2nd and 3rd goal only the 2nd goal is deemed a winner. Each way bets on no goalscorer, last goalscorer, 1st team goalscorers and scorecasts are not accepted. If any such bets are taken in error then the full stake will be invested as a win-only bet. Place only betting is not accepted. Extra-time does not count. Own goals do not count. In cases where an own goal is one of the first 5 goals then the 6th goal will be settled as a winner on the place part of the each-way bet. If two of the first five goals are own goals then the sixth and seventh goals will be settled as winners on the place part of the each-way bet. If three of the first 5 goals are own goals then the sixth,seventh and eigth goals will be settled as winners on the place part of the each way bet. In all other cases Paddy Power football rules apply. Own goals do not count for settlement of first/last goalscorer bets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 andybhoy_2009

cheeers for letting me know about Paddy Power paying out on the 5th goalscorer. I wasnt sure if all bookies paid out on 4 or never mind 5. i know this thread was first posted a while ago just when i seen " it means if he scores an own goal you win obv" lol. I just thought i had to make a comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Juwwi

does any1 remember labrokes used to pay out each way 1/2 the odds first 3 places.

its now a 1/3 odds did they change it or am l wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭raheny red

cheeers for letting me know about Paddy Power paying out on the 5th goalscorer. I wasnt sure if all bookies paid out on 4 or never mind 5. i know this thread was first posted a while ago just when i seen " it means if he scores an own goal you win obv" lol. I just thought i had to make a comment.

There's one or two bookies who pay out on unlimited places in this market.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭outandabout

If a player is substituted before the ist goal is scored are the win and each way stake void or just the win stake.

Alternatively is this a losing bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

If a player is substituted before the ist goal is scored are the win and each way stake void or just the win stake.

Alternatively is this a losing bet?

Losing bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

so is it better to back each way or take anytime to score

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Losing bet.

Not true.
    Some bookies will void the bets if he is replaced before a goal is scored.
    PP Online deffo have done it before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Not true.
    Some bookies will void the bets if he is replaced before a goal is scored.
    PP Online deffo have done it before.

Are you sure?? I think its the other way around, as in if your player doesnt start but comes on as a sub and the 1st goal was scored before he comes on they refund it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

If the player has had a chance to be the first goalscorer and it is still 0-0 when he is off. Then its a losing bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 thefootiechef

on a side note...i see some bookies have started to trade different on a no goalscorer bet. It was last season so i dont remember the exact details but the price on a no goalscorer was something like 9/1 when the 0-0 was 10/1. I pointed this out to cashier and he just said yeah they have started cop on to that now. well it being an own goal hardly reflects the odds by a 100% on a fixed wager. I have not really checked to see if most places are different price from a no goalscorer to 0-0 but dropping back a digit is no where near the correct market price. Sorry just a side issue on my mind forgive me if i didnt make my point clear but im not asking a question here lol. If anyone else knows the current pratice on this let me know. Its rare I would look to back such a market in anycase. Basically the odds of an own goal being the only goal is so rare It should not reflect the price that much if anything u are looking at 10% of a fixed wager...shows how greedy the bookies can be trying to close this little loop holes that rarely apply. Anyway rant over. First GS is a money making racket for the bookies. Say a top striker is normally 4/1 to notch first against any given team. Just take a look at his record of first goals you shud be layed at least 8/1 or more. The only time I see value in first goal is when a outsider team has only 1 vible goal threat and you may get 16/1 or so for the oppositions leading striker to nick 1 but does scenarios are rare enough too. And if your backing an outsider like a defender at 20/1 you shud back him every game until he hits most would probably abandon after 3 games but if u had reason to thing he can score first if he notches on the 19th game your in profit :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭ohyesthefinest

Is there a such thing that if I back a 1st goalscorer and he also scores again in the game that I get paid out double.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

This could be a very interesting each way double bet. Think vp and di natale ew doubles...

going for ronaldo and soldado ew double today at 6.78.

Will give it another whirl this weekend - Cavani and Van Persie going at 8/1 each way.

Advertisement