Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skirmish rule question

Options
  • 26-09-2008 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this or not

1. What happens if your holstered secondary is shot, does it count in terms that you can't use your secondary until you respawn?

2. If you or your aeg is shot while you reload does it count as a kill?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

im pretty sure if ur gun is shot regardless if its full or not its out of use till respawn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

1. What happens if your holstered secondary is shot, does it count in terms that you can't use your secondary until you respawn?

really depends on the site you play at, but for cork the answers would be ...

1) Yes - if an aeg bgg aep spring etc etc is hit it counts as being destroyed, you can not use it untill you respawn

2) if your hit as you re-load then of course you are out, if your aeg is hit as you reload then 1 applys, in that it is destroyed and can not be used untill you respawn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Sharad wrote: »
    I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this or not

if your holstered sercondary is hit you are hit
    i carry 4 pistols accross my chest do they act as a bullet proof vest
    do they phlip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Turncoat

Tigger wrote: »

4 pistols?????? at a time.

Damn I just have one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

4 pistols?????? at a time.

Damn I just have one.

would you leave it behind??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

if your holstered sercondary is hit you are hit
    do they phlip

I'd have to agree 100%. If you have an M3 slung accross you're back it's very likely to take a kit, it would be unfair to have that "protecting" you from hits.

I think the same should apply for primarys when not in use(AKA hanging on a sling system), if its not in your hand and its hit your dead.

Thats just my 2 cents.

would you leave it behind??

Yeah I wouldn't leave it at home either probably gives you more choice and a chance to be called something like revolver ocelot :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Yeah I wouldn't leave it at home either probably gives you more choice and a chance to be called something like revolver ocelot :p

LOL!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

If im not holding the gun ready to fire and hes hit then that gun is dead, if the gun is slung over me or holstered and he gets hit then thats a hit and im dead.,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Y'know, I played one event [Birmingham 2008; Op. Arc Angel at Fireball Squadron] where there was no bang-kill rule, and no gun-destroyed rule.

The net effect?

1. Absolutely no doubt of someone arguing that they could have John Woo'd their way out of a bang-kill.

2. Gun hit? Shout out "Gun-hit" and continue so that the other player has no confusion about "omfg I hit that guy! HE'S NOT TAKING HIS HITS!!!"

Both were a departure for me from previous sites. And I was surprsed at how well they worked. Obviously you didn't riddle someone at close range. Single shot. Leave it at that.

That said, the standard of play was remarkably high (everyone there was by invite only), which may have been a factor in why these two rules worked. Not sure if the rules were applied to normal walk-on games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

elitest

:P

but gun hits is so confusing, the amoutnof times ive confronted someone (politely) about gun hits and they say " but i thought that didnt count"

EDIT* A i see you were quick to edit that last part :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

elitest

:P

but gun hits is so confusing, the amoutnof times ive confronted someone (politely) about gun hits and they say " but i thought that didnt count"

As I said, perhaps simply not having a gun-hit rule reduces the complexity of the game and keeps things moving. Might be an idea for walk-on days. I'm not preaching either way, just saying it's food for thought. Less can be more sometimes.

Thanks everyone. I will start playing next week at HRTA hope to see you all there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

i like that lemming, it simple there is no confusion a hit is a hit. i think the simpler the rules the better for us all. i think tigger has a good point on the pistol wrapping, sooner or later someone will try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Some similar points were touched on in the blind-fire thread. I agree that certain rules should really be avoided in walk-ons, as opposed to games where everyone knows everyone else reasonably well or is experienced and everyone knows the rules. I'm still relatively new and I can't blame some long-termers who've played for much longer not trusting me or walk-ons with rules like this.

Advertisement