Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pretty Good Deal - Sony 40W4500 Plus Bluray player for €1500

Options
  • 26-09-2008 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭

Was checking out prices for the new Sony KDL40W4500, the equivalent of W4000 but with 100Hz and came across it on Powercity for €1500 including a 'free' blu-ray player, marked as 'special order' so don't seem to have stock, see here. The blu-ray player is the BDPS350, entry level model which seems to retail from around €250, €288 on powercity.

Considering it's the same price for the W4000 with the same blu-ray player it seems like a good deal to me especially considering the prices available. Can be bought in UK for around stg£900 but getting it delivered might be a problem.

Prices on other sites for the TV include
    Komplett.ie - €1,407 excl P&P
    tvandvideodirect.com - stg£1115 excl P&P but free 5 year warranty available accoring to home page, will deliver to Ireland for around stg£50, c.€1,500

The following sites also have it but no delivery to Ireland, still gives an idea of the prices available
    Amazon.co.uk - stg£950 excl P&P, c.€1,220
    amazon.de - €1650 excl P&P
    Dabs.com - stg£905 excl P&P, c.€1,150

Only reviews/owner comments I could find are
    whathifi
    avforums.com
    norwegian review

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mackTheKnife

http://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/1129891_-kdl-40w4500-sony.html

from 1270 + del from Germany ... I bought my panny plasma from a german site, you may have to use google translate to find one that will deliver to ireland though and pay up front with a bank transfer (this is common in germany). I had mine really quickly and it was only 80 euros del from germany as well ... cheaper then DID :rolleyes:

Doesn't the european (i.e. non uk) version have an mpeg4 dvb-t decoder as well ...

Advertisement