Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Affiliate Marketing...

Options
  • 25-09-2008 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

I've recently started doing internet affiliate marketing but not really doing too well with my sales.

Just wondering does anybody else in Ireland do this and how you are gettng on with it.

I hope to do well enough so I can quit my job by next September, do you believe my goal is achievable?

Any advice for me?

My current means of advertising

Article Marketing - the bum marketing method... I have many articles that are 1st on google search page

My web site - address is in signature - I review certain products and then link to my affiliate merchant page... I have health and fitness products - online buz oppertunities - and hosting companies reviewed on my site

I have just paid for $40 for 11,000 targeted traffic customers to my site over the next 30 days. The campaign has not yet started until tomorrow.

I post in some forums with my web site address in my signature.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

ye didnt leave your web address!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fergal_d

blue4ever wrote: »
    ye didnt leave your web address!

sorry ,

www.myproductreviewsite.com/onlinebiz.html

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Its very achievable but the people that do best in affiliate marketing are the sneezers that have the most trust and following. Usually do to having reputation in that industry. Alternatively you need to add major value to get punters coming back to your site, repeatidly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Dan C

Hi fergal

i'm starting out in the same environment as yourself.
    for information regarding internet marketing, i'd recommend using mike dillards book "building on a budget". i've bought it myself, shows you how to market any products online with a small advertising budget.
    check him out through this link....

http://www.carboncopyproanswers.com/aboutme/

just scroll down bout half way through the page and read his testomonial.

got any ideas yourself, would be delighted to hear from you.

all the best with the venture
    Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Till Rolls

Dan C wrote: »
    Hi fergal

for information regarding internet marketing, i'd recommend using mike dillards book "building on a budget". i've bought it myself, shows you how to market any products online with a small advertising budget.

Dan

Thanks for the link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Cringer

Hi Fergal d

For me Fancy Dress hit the nail on the head - reputation and trust.

I started off running my site about memory improvement and then went on to build up my newsletter subscriber list from this site.

After a couple of years I decided to create my own product to promote and sell on my site. Initially I started using Paypal for sales and then moved onto Clickbank.

I utilised my leverage of having affiliates sell my product for me, and gave them 75% of the sales of the ebook. They took care of all my advertising.

So now I have an ever growing list of subscribers, all interested in memory improvement and maths related information. So the next natural thing for me to do was offer my subscribers information about related products that they may be interested in. So I was now an affiliate for other people too.

I would estimate that affiliate marketing brings in most of my money from online sales. It's great in that I don't have to worry about looking after the customers, and the produts are digital so they get them right away.

I'd look into creating a subscribers list also, but get their email by offering them something for it. Then make sure to split test.

Get yourself a decent email handling system in place. I use www.getresponse.com for this.

In all, it's easy money ONCE you have put in the time and effort to get it set up and running. Even after all this time, I'm still tweaking here and there, and trying out different ideas.

Oh, and when you've got a large enough list: CB Message sets :)

Been through it all mate, put in the effort and give your raders something useful, build up their trust and don't just be looking to push products and they will stick around.

Cringer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭dietcola

hay there. i have worked for an internet marketing company and did this stuff for a living... ive looked at you site and it doesnt really look ready to be live on the net yet... people wont use a site that isnt finished, especially if its an affiliate site, theres so much competition on them...

gambling affiliate site and yea u maybe able to quit in a year... but only if its in the top 5 on google...

you got some hard work infornt of you to get it there but yea its poss...

good luck

dietcola wrote: »
    hay there. i have worked for an internet marketing company and did this stuff for a living... ive looked at you site and it doesnt really look ready to be live on the net yet... people wont use a site that isnt finished, especially if its an affiliate site, theres so much competition on them...

gambling affiliate site and yea u maybe able to quit in a year... but only if its in the top 5 on google...

you got some hard work infornt of you to get it there but yea its poss...

good luck

Ya that site of mine was terrible... I have advanced as an affiliate now and I now work as a full time affiliate... I joined a certain education site and it has been amazing,

now 6 months after starting internet marketing I can now do it full time

12 hours days and 6 days a week has finally paid off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Internet marketing is probably the hardest market to crack online. It is like the classic beginners error of setting up a website on home business opportunities or how to make money online without actually generating any income to begin with.

I started out in affiliate marketing about 7 or 8 years ago. Stupidly I hired some web designer to design me a whizz bang website and got soaked for a couple of thousand dollars. Six months later I pulled the plug on it and decided to learn from some of the more successful affiliate masters.

I started building my own websites (which I am not going to reveal here) and offered my visitors valuable information. I made the sites 'sticky' (by adding a forum and the ability for visitors to upload content) so they would come back and eventually they became trusted authorities within their niche. They are in the top .1% of websites and each pull in up to 25,000 per day. I also sell my own e-books directly off my site using a well known cheap and reliable payment processor.

OP, don't take this as criticism but as feedback .. but I have to say that if you want to stand out from the crowd you will have to try a LOT harder with your website. It is poorly written and designed and there is no clear call for action. On top of all that it is hosted by a cheapo web hosting company. I don't want this to be a website review but if you are EVER going to create a decent stream of income online you have to be completely different and unique instead of being a me too website like the hundreds of millions of junk affiliate websites out there that clutter the net.

Just my two cents.

dSTAR wrote: »
    Internet marketing is probably the hardest market to crack online. It is like the classic beginners error of setting up a website on home business opportunities or how to make money online without actually generating any income to begin with.

I started out in affiliate marketing about 7 or 8 years ago. Stupidly I hired some web designer to design me a whizz bang website and got soaked for a couple of thousand dollars. Six months later I pulled the plug on it and decided to learn from some of the more successful affiliate masters.

I started building my own websites (which I am not going to reveal here) and offered my visitors valuable information. I made the sites 'sticky' (by adding a forum and the ability for visitors to upload content) so they would come back and eventually they became trusted authorities within their niche. They are in the top .1% of websites and each pull in up to 25,000 per day. I also sell my own e-books directly off my site using a well known cheap and reliable payment processor.

OP, don't take this as criticism but as feedback .. but I have to say that if you want to stand out from the crowd you will have to try a LOT harder with your website. It is poorly written and designed and there is no clear call for action. On top of all that it is hosted by a cheapo web hosting company. I don't want this to be a website review but if you are EVER going to create a decent stream of income online you have to be completely different and unique instead of being a me too website like the hundreds of millions of junk affiliate websites out there that clutter the net.

Just my two cents.

I am all for getting constructive critisism like this.

The site that I posted at the start of this thread was made almost 5 months ago.I no longer use it although I still get regular sales from it. I have moved on since then and now target different programs that are coming out on the market that there is a bit of a "buzz" about and get my site SEO'd at number 1 or 2 in google before the launch of the product. My web design skills have also improved a lot.

I don't mind telling other people my stratagie as there are literally hundreds if not thousands of affiliate programs coming on the market every day and there arn't actually enough affiliates to fill the all the products.

Could you PM me some of your sites so I could have a look at. I am always looking to learn new things and become the best I can be. Where did you learn affiliate marketing? I am at wealthy affiliate now and there are some people in the forum there that are now making $200,000 a year after only 2 years of affiliate marketing

Here is one of more recent web sites www.wealthyaffiliate-reviewer.com ... I am now working to get it SEO'd for the keywords "wealthy affiliate" and "wealthy affiliate review"

I see you said your web sites are pulling in 25,000 per day... I take it you mean hits and not dollars..?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭an_other

Hi Fergal

How do you find the products to market?
    How do you receive payment?
    Do you pay tax on money received?

an_other wrote: »
    Hi Fergal

How do you find the products to market?
    How do you receive payment?
    Do you pay tax on money received?

You can find products anywhere... Literally every single thing that is sold online has affiliate advertising it for them... Amazon.com have a great affiliate program where you can get up to 30% for your sales... ClickBank also have 10,000's of products to market and you get 75% commissions for your sales because they are just information products...

If you are looking to do affiliate marketing you can't teach yourself, you will need to invest in an education course... The one I do (Wealthy Affiliate) is $40 a month, but it's by far the best on the market...

It's hard ass work so be prepared for failure multiple times before you see any success, as you can see from my first web site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭the lil man

whats your website fergal.
    i am getting interested in this and would like to know more

whats your website fergal.
    i am getting interested in this and would like to know more

My web site is www.wealthyaffiliate-reviewer.com

I have many other web sites but this is my most successful at the moment.

fergal_d wrote: »
    My web site is www.wealthyaffiliate-reviewer.com

I have many other web sites but this is my most successful at the moment.

what do you do in this website. What do you sell?
    how do you make an income is what im trying to say really.

and is it worth a shot at trying to become an affiliate?
    how long did it take you before you started getting some money

what do you do in this website. What do you sell?
    how do you make an income is what im trying to say really.

and is it worth a shot at trying to become an affiliate?
    how long did it take you before you started getting some money

There is information on that website about it.

If you are looking for a quick fix and make money without having to work for it then you're out of luck.

If you are wiling to work hard and one day be able to quit your job so you can be a full time internet marketer then yes it is great

what kind of income do you make

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Shaneod21

Hi,

Affiliate marketing is a big game to crack! Ive been involved in affiliate marketing and have managed to crack google ppc, It is serious difficult but at the same time completely worthwhile. Internet marketing is all about building a list giving out quality products, many free ones.

Trust and reliability are key. As I said it is very difficult to get started and takes time but anyone interested in getting involved it is 100% possible to make money online.
    There is so much information on the web that you can easily get involved and for not such a high price. Autoresponders etc are expensive but you have to think long term. Clickbank.com is absolute gold if your looking to get into affiliate marketing. You don't need your own products just need to know how to market correctly.

PLEASE NOTE: That whole 11,000 people for $40....absolute scam you walked into.
    There are so many of these E-mail traffic blasters on the internet, what they actually do is send a bot to your website who just clicks on your site 11,000 times. You don't get any customers at all though. Although this is the case there are some legit ones aswell. Just be careful. I use one that sends 200,000 for $49. Out of that about 2k people sign up. Theres also options on this site for 10million people for $349. Thats serious traffic to your website!

Anyone do JV's here? Excellent way to expand your list. The Make money online niche is highly over populated. Be more specific. The make money using ebay niche can be quite successful. Good to look into.

Why did you spend so much money getting someone to design a site when you can easily create them for nearly next to nothing yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 TroyStavros

Discussing affiliate deals is illegal :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Shaneod21 wrote: »
    Hi,

Affiliate marketing is a big game to crack! Ive been involved in affiliate marketing and have managed to crack google ppc, It is serious difficult but at the same time completely worthwhile. Internet marketing is all about building a list giving out quality products, many free ones.

Trust and reliability are key. As I said it is very difficult to get started and takes time but anyone interested in getting involved it is 100% possible to make money online.
    There is so much information on the web that you can easily get involved and for not such a high price. Autoresponders etc are expensive but you have to think long term. Clickbank.com is absolute gold if your looking to get into affiliate marketing. You don't need your own products just need to know how to market correctly.

PLEASE NOTE: That whole 11,000 people for $40....absolute scam you walked into.
    There are so many of these E-mail traffic blasters on the internet, what they actually do is send a bot to your website who just clicks on your site 11,000 times. You don't get any customers at all though. Although this is the case there are some legit ones aswell. Just be careful. I use one that sends 200,000 for $49. Out of that about 2k people sign up. Theres also options on this site for 10million people for $349. Thats serious traffic to your website!

Anyone do JV's here? Excellent way to expand your list. The Make money online niche is highly over populated. Be more specific. The make money using ebay niche can be quite successful. Good to look into.

Why did you spend so much money getting someone to design a site when you can easily create them for nearly next to nothing yourself.

Hi Shane just looking at your site there, how do you get the suppliers?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Shaneod21

These are suppliers I have been using for quite a while and have a good relationship with. So allowing others leverage from this is what the site is all about. Feel free to contact me through the site if you wish

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Cringer

For those of you who want to know if there is enough of a market for yor product, read this interesting [detailed] post here

take IM with a pinch of salt. There's no quick solution here; my subscribers list (20k+) took 2.5 years to build, and that's where the bulk of the affilate marketing I do goes out to. Build a decent product (free or paid) get them to sign up for it, and keep them interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 kevinbirchall

Dan C wrote: »
    Hi fergal

Dan
    Mike Dillard's Building on a budget is indeed a fantastic book, but his Renegade University surpasses any other learning environment on the web! I pay 49 dollars a month for professional membership but would pay double. There is a link here for serious online marketers

Regards

KB

• Company Representative Posts: 103 Verified rep MovieExtras.ie: Derek

used www.tradedoubler.com (have an office in Dublin run by a good guy - Eoin) for another website, did not deliver great results BUT they seem to have a good set up. Might be worth contacting them

The thing that annoys me about affiliate websites is how cheap and terrible they look. And the fact that there are so many scams out there and "get rich quick" schemes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭inishindie

Hi

Came across this thread recently and found it very interesting. I've been trying to make an income from websites for a while now and have tried running Google ads,Tradedoubler and Amazon...I take note that it needs work to make these successful.

I haven't had one sale from TD or Amazon in a year....I just made a shop and put links on my site and left it at that, work is neded I think. I get hits from Google ads so all is not lost, but it does confirm that you have to put in the work to get the rewards..............

I have signed up to Clickbank and am getting to grips with the methods of advertising...It's an art form like the others but I do have articles I can add links to on my site.

Thanks again for the pointers and starting the link Feral_d inspirational stuff.....

Ian

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The thing that annoys me about affiliate websites is how cheap and terrible they look. And the fact that there are so many scams out there and "get rich quick" schemes.
    Have to agree here. It seems as if some of the people in this thread are the lowest common denominator of the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭inishindie

Hi AdMMM

I am valuing all of the post in this thread and would like to ask what you mean by "lowest common denominator of the Internet."

I am interested in monetizing my web sites but not at the expense of quality and credibility. Do you think that advertising products on websites is a big no-no?

Thanks

Ian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 kevinbirchall

AdMMM wrote: »
    Have to agree here. It seems as if some of the people in this thread are the lowest common denominator of the internet.
    I second that and would like to ask what you mean by "lowest common denominator of the Internet."

I'm a believer in sharing knowledge and offering constructive advice. not everyone that uses the internet may share your opinion or have your experience.

I know many people using cheap squeeze pages and building a business on a budget because they have to start somewhere. We all did!

Surely there are murderers, rapists and terrorists using the Internet. Would they not rank a little lower in your equations?

Explain your comment!

• Advertisement
Advertisement