Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.22 Rifle Information Required

Options
  • 25-09-2008 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭

Hello, im new to shooting, can someone please tell me the uses for a .22 rifle, as i have previous shotgun experience but not so much rifle experience. Can it be used for fox hunting, or target shooting?

Thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

ak51535 wrote: »
    Hello, im new to shooting, can someone please tell me the uses for a .22 rifle, as i have previous shotgun experience but not so much rifle experience. Can it be used for fox hunting, or target shooting?

Thanks in advance.

Definitely not for fox unless it's close range (which it never is). Most folks here use the .223 for fox which is a completely different round to the .22 and a good deal more expensive.

.22 is good for targets (if you have a suitable rifle), bunnies and other small vermin.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭shaft666

rrpc wrote: »
    Definitely not for fox unless it's close range (which it never is). Most folks here use the .223 for fox which is a completely different round to the .22 and a good deal more expensive.

.22 is good for targets (if you have a suitable rifle), bunnies and other small vermin.

As said above.

Personally would never have one again, got a .17hmr for rabbits/corvids and a .223 for foxes and don't like shooting paper!

If you purely want to do close range target shooting then it would be ideal.

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭ak51535

ok, thanks very much for the info :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭thehair

ak51535 wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

hi i have a cz 452 lux .22 rinfire long rifle and they are a great rifle for a first
    rifle :Dv target shooting i used mind for steve:)

Advertisement