Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arbing - help with sums please

Options
  • 25-09-2008 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Hoping the maths brains can help me out again on here. I am looking for help with sums on an each way horse bet/lay on Betfair. I want to extol the maximum value of the place part of the bet as I am confident of the place but less so of the win.

The horse is 2/1 in bookmakers, 3.15 on Betfair to lay.
    Place part of bet is 1/4 the odds (yes I know most e/w bets are 1/5 but for arguments sake the figure is 1/4) and the place is 1.16 to lay on Betfair.

I want to bet the horse 100 e/w with bookmakers. I want to lay the horse on Betfair to cover the win and place part covering the win to break even and get as much out of the place part of the bet with the bookmakers.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 trynabe

Folks,

Hoping the maths brains can help me out again on here. I am looking for help with sums on an each way horse bet/lay on Betfair. I want to extol the maximum value of the place part of the bet as I am confident of the place but less so of the win.

The horse is 2/1 in bookmakers, 3.15 on Betfair to lay.
    Place part of bet is 1/4 the odds (yes I know most e/w bets are 1/5 but for arguments sake the figure is 1/4) and the place is 1.16 to lay on Betfair.

I want to bet the horse 100 e/w with bookmakers. I want to lay the horse on Betfair to cover the win and place part covering the win to break even and get as much out of the place part of the bet with the bookmakers.

Thanks in advance

im assuming that bet is gone but the next time you need help just find oddschecker.com and they have a dutching calculator , pop the odds in and it will tell you the amount to bet and the amount you win ,,its in their tools and its free ,, dutching is similar to as arbitrage as it covers all outcomes#
    i like the way you bet but the bookies wont so vary your bookies and keep your bets at round figures ,, 55quid instead of 47euros 67cents etc.,they will ban you ,, contact me with any ideas
    good luck

Advertisement