Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oz Working Visa - other than Holiday working visa

Options
  • 25-09-2008 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hi,

Does anyone know if there are other types of Visa's other than WHV? I am thinking of heading oz to work as an engineer in a year or so and am just doing some research!

I have looked on www.designandbuild.ie and there is jobs to apply for, would you need a WHV for these or a different Visa? Basically is there a WHV without the "H" part because I dont want to have to look for a job every three months or work harvesting.

Also how much cash do you have to have in your acc to be allowed into oz? Iv heard $5k?

Any help would be great!

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

pagekarl wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know if there are other types of Visa's other than WHV? I am thinking of heading oz to work as an engineer in a year or so and am just doing some research!

I have looked on www.designandbuild.ie and there is jobs to apply for, would you need a WHV for these or a different Visa? Basically is there a WHV without the "H" part because I dont want to have to look for a job every three months or work harvesting.

Also how much cash do you have to have in your acc to be allowed into oz? Iv heard $5k?

Any help would be great!

Cheers

In answer to your question yes there are. But they are not worth applyng for if you just want a years work they are expensive and take some time.

Your best bet is a 457 VISA that is getting an employer to hire you and bring you over they pay for the Visa.

Advertisement