Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pc tower not working

Options
  • 25-09-2008 7:47pm

hey,

i have a computer tower sitting here a few years, although so some reason it won't power on?

i dont know why?

i have the back of the computer open now and wondering is there anything i can do??

it had been working for about 3 years ish. i think i may recall there being a smell of smoke though?

has anyone got any suggestions??

thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

the smell may indicate a blown powersupply. i assume its toally dead no lights on or fans spinning up or any noise out of it at all? you checked the fuse in the plug etc?

yeah i was thinking it maybe the power supply, any idea where i could get a new one and instuctions to install..:D its an emachines

• Registered Users Posts: 81,893 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

3 Years Old + Broken + Cause Unknown = Buy New

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭pmcf

yeah i was thinking it maybe the power supply, any idea where i could get a new one and instuctions to install..:D its an emachines
    your local pc shop should have one last time i got one only cost about €40 its easy enough to fit

but what if i install it and the problem isnt fixed...raging

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,893 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

but what if i install it and the problem isnt fixed...raging
    thats what im saying!

hmmmmm i may just leave it, thanks very much for all your helps guys! :D appreciated

Advertisement