Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know any good casual job sites

Options
  • 25-09-2008 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

It seems there are very few causual job sites, i want to move to tasmania but i cant find any sites that lists jobs like working in a supermarket and other low pais jobs , for regional aus. anyone help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

It seems there are very few causual job sites, i want to move to tasmania but i cant find any sites that lists jobs like working in a supermarket and other low pais jobs , for regional aus. anyone help?

As far I can remember most supermarkets have an application process on their web site. However you may call it a casual job however they sometimes don't see it like that and would be reluctant to take a "backpacker" over an Australian student or something. Purely based on the fact that the backpacker could leave any day and not care. At least thats what I found in OZ when it came to supermarkets.

IMO casual work can only be found one way, through good old fashioned leg work. Printing out the CV's hitting the shops, pubs, cafes, etc, asking for the manager, or HR manager depending on the size of the business. Trying to have a quick chat with them, and give them a CV.

Advertisement