Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nikwas, polish or both?

Options
  • 25-09-2008 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

I currently use nikwax on my boots after each hike. it doesnt put a shine on them or make them as protected looking as polish does.

which do you use and why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I just use the nikwax aqueous wax, applied when wet after cleaning my boots, and it keeps the water out just fine. I don't really see why not having a shine on a pair of hiking boots is an issue, to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Maybe he's going dancing in the Glendalough Hotel?

;-)

I use the NikWax stuff too. Like it lots. It's better for the brushed Nubuck finish on my Meindls I reckon.

If you'd prefer a bit of a shine, get some Brasher Conditioning Cream. Just be warned it's a very dark colour finish.... You can get it in 53 Degrees North for sure. Polishes up pretty well and protects the leather too. Apply sparingly.

Gil

Advertisement