Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xtravision Ex rental Blue Ray Titles €9.99

Options
  • 25-09-2008 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Had World Trade Center,Dreamgirls,Saw3,Stealth,and Hostel 2 Artane.Depends on store how many they have,had Hitch and xXx in Raheny.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Always check the discs, sometimes you can find a genuine bargain, but in my experience they are scratched to bits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'd also suggest you check the discs.... BluRay shouldn't be too bad because they're obviously not rented as much as normal DVDs, but just ask can you have a look before they put it through :)

Another tip: World Trade Centre is the worst film ever made, don't buy that under any circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I wouldn't even risk rental Blu-rays, or even rental DVDs for that matter, as it spoils the enjoyment when the movie skips or stutters; and in my experience they do that a lot with rentals/pre-owned discs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Just check the disc, you can return them if they're faulty anyway

If you're gonna rent them anyway @ €5.25 a pop it might be worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Are Blue-Rays not made with a more scratch resistant material ?
    They had some good ones in the Galway shops there yesterday ...but it was 12.99 for Die Hard 4 and 300

• Advertisement

Are Blue-Rays not made with a more scratch resistant material ?
    They had some good ones in the Galway shops there yesterday ...but it was 12.99 for Die Hard 4 and 300

The actual data layer of the disc is closer to the surface than DVD or HD-DVDs so that's the reason for the extra hard coating. In saying that though they can still be scratched, it's just harder to scratch them than DVDs. All you need to do is rent a few Blu-ray movies and no doubt you'll find at least one with a scratch that will cause problems when playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I guess I've been lucky so in that I've never had a problem with any of the ex-rentals I've bought. I saw this deal in Rathmines but unfortunately all they had was Hitch and Breaking and Entering (which I bought).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Dave! wrote: »
    I'd also suggest you check the discs.... BluRay shouldn't be too bad because they're obviously not rented as much as normal DVDs, but just ask can you have a look before they put it through :)

Another tip: World Trade Centre is the worst film ever made, don't buy that under any circumstances.

I was actually at the Irish Premiere of World Trade Centre, and it was bollocks. Nick Cage on screen for 2 hours? I wouldn't put him on for two minutes.

I was actually at the Irish Premiere of World Trade Centre, and it was bollocks. Nick Cage on screen for 2 hours? I wouldn't put him on for two minutes.

I think he's good in the National Treasure movies but in a lot, and I mean a LOT, of other movies he just overacts. Word to the wise, the only good thing about Ghost Rider is Eva Mendes! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

Just up in extravision glenagery, only had Dreamgirls, Hitch and World Trade ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ boring, was hoping for Die Hard 4.0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

Rsaeire wrote: »
    I wouldn't even risk rental Blu-rays, or even rental DVDs for that matter, as it spoils the enjoyment when the movie skips or stutters; and in my experience they do that a lot with rentals/pre-owned discs.

I have bought 100s of ex-rental dvds only once had a problem and it was replaced straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Seeing as you can get it replaced If there is a problem it is relatively risk free, just hold onto the reciept

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭hottstuff

I got Alpha Dog BD in my local XV for €9.99 and it hadn't got a mark on it , looked like it had never been rented , so you CAN get gems.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

They had Speed for €12.99 in the Wexford branch this morning. Got it as it was still a bit of a bargain but when it was scanned through, came up at €9.99! Only copy that was there.

Haven't tested it yet but the disk looks fine.

Also had Dreamgirls & World Trade Center for €9.99 and Die Hard 4 for €12.99.

Advertisement