Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro gameing

Options
  • 25-09-2008 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

We have an idea to bring like minded ppl together for the purpose of gaming, music and other social ideas, First of all I am asking for a donation of any and all old consoles, games , joypads, sticks , pong games anything at all , you will be kept on a mailing list for up coming event's in dublin and invited to take part. We want to bring new ppl and ideas together for fun !!!!!!!

Please dont hestite to contact me at Primaljellygamingclub@gmail.com
    Or please leave a post and ill get back to you asap!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭appleidog

We have an idea to bring like minded ppl together for the purpose of gaming, music and other social ideas, First of all I am asking for a donation of any and all old consoles, games , joypads, sticks , pong games anything at all , you will be kept on a mailing list for up coming event's in dublin and invited to take part. We want to bring new ppl and ideas together for fun !!!!!!!

Please dont hestite to contact me at Primaljellygamingclub@gmail.com
    Or please leave a post and ill get back to you asap!!!!

So first off who is the We in this amazing idea of yours? and sorry if i sound a bit rude, but what is this all about?, so what we give you donations, and we get to go to a (free) event, and is the donation something like bring your console down for the day or like giving it to a charity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Primal Jelly

The we, in this are primal jelly social club, check out www.myspace.com/knockanstockan, usually we are an independent music promoters, But we are always trying to branch out and create new and fun music night's with a new twist. It all about having fun nights out with retro gaming night with live bands and dj's. The events wont be free but they will be at a low admission , to fund a prize fund for gamers to have a chance to win cash and be crowned champion's of a certain game. The donation is either a console for a lend or after a time we might offer to buy the console or game or controller. We are just looking for help at the start !!
    Thank you for your post

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,554 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, I give you some of my retro consoles for a lend, and maybe you pay me later?
    And the 1st post on this thread was your 1st post on boards.ie?

I know what you're getting at, but these little plastic boxes of goodness aren't going anywhere.

I mean, say I *lend* an Atari to you, and it gets broken via some mishap, you insured to buy me a new one?

Sorry buddy, best thing you can do is put together a little fund and buy some machines on ebay or even on adverts.ie and that way the only consoles at risk are your own, ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭appleidog

I think that is the best option, Primaljelly, Just i know with my self and people like Ciderman and 0s1n1 have very nice, expensive rare stuff, and without any insurance or anything like that i doubt anybody is going to jump at this offer, try car boots or even charity shops, should be able to get ps1,md,snes, n64 ect...... for pretty cheap.

Anywhom best of luck with your idea.
    Appleidog:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,642 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Yep, both the guys have more or less said it all. I'm not letting some drunken yobs manhandle my babies :p. Even if it was insured, I've had some of these consoles so long that a replacement just wouldnt be the same.

All the consoles you'd want for an event like this are very easy to find. And cheap too. Sure it would be an investment in case you ever want to do it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i know primal jelly and some of the other people involed. even if you dont lend a console or game it will be worth turing up for. Beers/Retro gaming why wouldnt you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

I'd defo head along to something like this but I get nervous allowing some of my mates use my Wii never mind some of the stuff I've had a long time, so I wont be able to help you out. Let us know if you do manage to get something going.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Crowman

The we, in this are primal jelly social club, check out www.myspace.com/knockanstockan, usually we are an independent music promoters, But we are always trying to branch out and create new and fun music night's with a new twist. It all about having fun nights out with retro gaming night with live bands and dj's. The events wont be free but they will be at a low admission , to fund a prize fund for gamers to have a chance to win cash and be crowned champion's of a certain game. The donation is either a console for a lend or after a time we might offer to buy the console or game or controller. We are just looking for help at the start !!
    Thank you for your post

Sorry, Last time I let a hippy near my Dreamcast he tried to smoke it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Primal Jelly

If anyone is interested in this please add us on bebo/primaljellygamingclub or myspace/primaljellygamingclub. There will be updates and times and other interesting info

Advertisement