Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody been to Mississauga?

Options
  • 25-09-2008 9:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

We plan to move to Canada next May and from doing some research on the net we're thinking of going to Mississauga just outside Toronto. Just wondering if anybody has lived there/knows much about it?

Thanks

C

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭TheDude2008

yeah i lived in canada for 2 years and have been back many times since, i passed through mississauga its the smog belt, during summer u actually find it hard to breath with all the pollution that comes from toronto , its not just mississauga it the whole area of southern ontario. I lived in
    sk and loved it, but my favourite place was whitehorse the yukon, town of 28,000 people , clean air , lovely people , cheap property and they cant get enough workers , hell they pay people in mcdonalds $14 a hour and still cant get workers, the same applies for the whole north of canada , not many people want to go there cause of the weather, but thats only in winter in summer its 24hr daylight and is roasting, so if i were you id look into somewhere outside of ontario to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

We plan to move to Canada next May and from doing some research on the net we're thinking of going to Mississauga just outside Toronto. Just wondering if anybody has lived there/knows much about it?

Thanks

C

Yea i lived in Mississauga for 4 mths. Really nice city / suburb of Toronto!.. I was living on Ogden And Lakeshore and was really nice. Obviously enough the place was near the lake and had nice parks etc right beside us. Also a promenade that goes right into Toronto, nice for jogging, walking or rollerblading.

If you can afford it i would stay near the lakeshore. Makes it easy to get into the city plus it's a nicer area. The GO train station is there as well.
    Port Credit is a really nice area and has nice Bars Coffee Shops restaurants etc.

One drawback is that aside from the Go Train, Mississauga and Toronto are not linked in terms of Buses and streetcars.
    Means you need to buy a ticket to get to Long Branch (Miss) then you need another ticket to get from there to Toronto. Maybe this has changed since 2002 when i was there.

Other really nice area to live are Oakville, which is further west than Mississauga and was pretty expensive when i was there but really nice. The other direction has Pickering which is really nice and Oshawa which is a bit further out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭2+2=5

hey im just back from a short trip to canada... absolutely fell in love with it.. me and some friends are heading over in may too and are also planning on stying in mississauga... nice place... really big, but beats living right in the heart of the city (in my humble opinion)

Advertisement