Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[us] 5X02 Not Cancer *SPOILERS!*

Options
  • 25-09-2008 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭

Really liked this episode, some quality moments in it with the private eye.

I actually look forward to the spin off series with him :D

Also it was an actually interesting case

though aside from Forman and Kutner pretty much the rest of the cast were nowhere to be seen. I like that Kutner seems to be the only one coming with ideas (both this episode and the last one)

episode 2 rate it! 8 votes

0% 0 votes
    25% 2 votes
    37% 3 votes
    37% 3 votes
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

I have to wonder if House has jumped the shark. While it's still enjoyable, the argyle socks-wearing comic relief private eye would never have fit in in the first three series. I get the feeling they're dumbing the programme down a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Generalissimo

I enjoyed this one, although the medicine didn't make much sense most of the time. My favourite bit was the placebo effect talk House used to get the patient to sign the consent form for the chemo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Really liked this episode, some quality moments in it with the private eye.

I actually look forward to the spin off series with him :D

Is this official? I read that they were going to gauge audience reactions to him over a few episodes to see if it had potential. He seems like a decent addition, I wouldn't mind seeing him on the show rather than have a spin-off.

Good episode. I liked when Kutner was giving the colonscopy on the dead guy which slightly exploded on Foreman :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Eh, slightly exploded? Lovely having someones bowels hurled over you!

I really liked the detective, and wonder how long he'll be around. It does seem however that the show becomes less and less about the core surrounding characters. No sign of Cameron, and Chase, 13 (damn what is her name?!), Cuddy and Wilson all put in cameos. Kutner and Taub are the only ones getting air time at the moment, and whether or not this is an episodic thing, well we'll see.

I liked the case - the multiple deaths at the start were well done and makes you realise how crane drivers should be fit and healthy to do what they do. There was no explanation as to how the stem cells all differentiated and were activated (or not) at the same time, though this is TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ironic that the last time we saw Michael Weston (Lucas), he was chopping up dead bodies in Pathology...

Not a bad episode, but I'm finding it hard to get into this season... I don't know what it is. Bring Cameron and Chase back to center-stage for starters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

+1 on bringing Cam and Chase back. It's just not the same seeing them for the odd scene here and there.

The episode was good. Loved the bit when Cuddy called House on making the patient crash deliberately and then when he went to the room there were coppers outside.

The detective guy was good. I feel House needs someone to bounce off and without Wilson around, the detective was the guy to fill the void.

Advertisement