Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick question re who do you think you are on monday

Options
  • 24-09-2008 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

i was just wondering if anyone here would know about the copy of the newspaper containing the death of joe duffys ancestor. were all deaths of soliders printed in the paper and if so would they be easily available?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I suppose it's the same as nowadays. If the family members want to put it in the paper they do. Or if he/she was important enough to merit an article.

I did watch the show on Monday night but wasn't paying 100% attention, so can't remember seeing that bit.

A catalogue of old newspapers available to view in the National Library can be found ( http://www.nli.ie/en/newspapers-catalogues-and-databases.aspx ). For instance, they have the Irish Times from about 1854 on microfilm :) Oh, it's also free to go in and view the microfilm :) just can take hours :D

Advertisement