Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DUNNES STORES 25% OFF GROCERIES

Options
  • 24-09-2008 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭

Household and Fashions from this Thursday until Sunday
    Don't you love a bit of competition :)
    You get the 25% back in December Value Card points.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Any links to this, nothing on Dunnes website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

is beer 'groceries'?

what's the competition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭eddiehobbs

Not on website, is it just household and fashions?? Cant imagine they're giving 25% off on grocery

• Registered Users Posts: 8,859 ✭✭✭Soarer

There was an ad on the telly for it there a few minutes ago.
    25% off houshold, fashion, and groceries.

Definitely discounted groceries. I actually made a comment to HID that at this rate, in 15 weeks time groceries will be free! God we've some laugh in our house!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I'm going to wait a few weekends for the 50% off. ;) It was 10% and now 20%. it shows how much they have been ripping us off over the years :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

Ha, I actually put off shopping today in case they might do something like this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭jaffa20

is beer 'groceries'?

what's the competition?

Apparently so. When they had the 10% off groceries, alcohol was included but not smokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭RAFC

Half heard ad on radio - I think it's 25% back in vouchers with value club card, I really hope I'm wrong, the kids need feeding this week :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭John mac

yea it was 20% off beer last week 24 bottles of miller for 19.99 and then 20% off :D:D came home with 4 boxes of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭pau8lieskins

I think its 25% back on your club card and not in store. They have it that way to stop staff members using there privilege card with the offer like a few weeks ago when they had the 20% back in store and staff were using privilege card and they got an extra 10% on top of 20% back in store.
    Now they can either get 20% on club card or 10% on privilege card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Jaysus, I doing 4 hours of bag packing in Dunnes stores tomorrow collecting for equipment for the kids school, I'll be bleedin' wrecked! :eek:

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 robbie--balboa

there is only one reason dunnes are having these sales and its because its clubcard vouchers and you wont receive them till december and if you have a couple of hundred worth of vouchers for dunnes in december your not going to do your christmas shopping in tesco. and the 10% off at the till a few weeks ago was because the schools were back from holidays that weekend and they wanted to get all the mothers in shopping for groceries.

i delivers to 3 dunnes everyday and the store manager tells me this(He also tells me when there is electronics going cheap haha), he also said if dunnes were having a sale at the weekend that they wouldnt tell nobody till wednesday night/thursday morning so tesco wont have time to compete. they always advertise on tv3 or rte on wednesday nights if there goina have a sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

And I am going to do my shopping in the north tomorrow :-)
    Double discount...

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

I think its 25% back on your club card and not in store. They have it that way to stop staff members using there privilege card with the offer like a few weeks ago when they had the 20% back in store and staff were using privilege card and they got an extra 10% on top of 20% back in store.
    Now they can either get 20% on club card or 10% on privilege card.

I get 20%with my privilage card,the week they had the 10%off I recieved 30%off!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

The privilege card is discontinued from what I've heard(though if anyone has any info I'd be glad to hear it), and I've been working in Dunnes for 15 months now- I've never been told about it, and I've only seen them presented twice on checkouts.
    Also, they never tell anyone about these Thursday-Sunday promotions for competition reasons, it's a surprise for everyone in the store.
    25% back has to be in ValueClub vouchers I would expect, though I'd be happy to be proven wrong(though it means a lot more work for me over the next few days- no wonder I was asked to come in tomorrow when I was meant to be off).
    As mentioned, it ties in with last weeks 20% back in Vouchers- all delivered in December for Christmas shopping.
    In any case, all will be revealed tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Hi does anyone know if the offer is for electrics and computers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,859 ✭✭✭Soarer

Just to clarify, it's definitely money back on the clubcard, not at the till.

Good idea having all these sales with the vouchers arriving in December. December is expensive enough, so if I can get a couple of hundred euro off the shopping around Christmas time, I'll be delighted...no matter where I have to shop!

I'm such a hoe!:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Just bought some crisps in Dunnes. They are Walkers Baked 6pk normally at €2.04 but on special at €1.02 this week.
    However the points on the receipt with 25% back is 49! So this could be a better deal on those half-price specials

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

there is only one reason dunnes are having these sales and its because its clubcard vouchers and you wont receive them till december and if you have a couple of hundred worth of vouchers for dunnes in december your not going to do your christmas shopping in tesco.
    Jeez, now I feel bad for Tesco.
    I must do my Christmas shop there despite the fact that they aren't giving me free stuff. :pac:

Kudos to Dunnes for a clever campaign, I say. I just wish I hadn't spent €300 in the homewares dept last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭ninty

Yes i've noticed that they are giving points on the pre reduced price on a few items i bought.also the Philips 160GB portable hard drive for €65 (€48.75 with points back) is a particularly good price.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

After years of painful shopping at Dunnes, a new Tesco opened up near me last week. It would pain me to go back this week to Dunnes but tbh with an offer like this, I have no choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 robbie--balboa

manager of dunnes said to me this morning that tesco wont be able to match there sale because tesco in the uk wont let them AKA they wud be trading at a loss.
    there is going to be plenty of these sales coming up to christmas anyway.
    if anybody shops in dunnes cork go to small dunnes on curraheen road bishopstown, they have loads of offers that the other dunnes dont have because its so small they have to compete with tesco wilton right next to it. i remember they were selling 2litre bottles of pepsi for half price 79cent each a few months back. most items on sale are 2 for 1 offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Soarer wrote: »
    Good idea having all these sales with the vouchers arriving in December. December is expensive enough, so if I can get a couple of hundred euro off the shopping around Christmas time, I'll be delighted...no matter where I have to shop!

I understand how it works about "forcing" people to do the Christmas shopping in Dunnes but I don't see what's so bad about that. Vouchers to spend in Dunnes should be of use to absolutely anybody so the customers aren't getting ripped off. Dunnes are just buying customer loyalty.

This is what I love about the recession, all the special offers it brings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 rover2mondeo

ninty wrote: »
    Yes i've noticed that they are giving points on the pre reduced price on a few items i bought.also the Philips 160GB portable hard drive for €65 (€48.75 with points back) is a particularly good price.

Which store you bought this, Can't see in my local Dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭John mac

Berberis wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know if the offer is for electrics and computers

everything except baby formula and tickets etc.

also have half price on wolf blass white.

(christmas drinks all stocked up):)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I got a clubcard, then spend 13.50 on junk.
    Then I read the form and it said you have to earn a minimum of 400 points to get €4.
    I'll be 150 points short after today so I'll have to spend another 150 euro in Dunnes to get a 4 euro voucher.

That said, I could go back and spend €6 before this offer expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Will the vouchers be seperated into grocery and drapery or can you use them in both? The last lot i got could only be used in grocery as thats where i had gotten the points from ifykwim?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭ninty

Northside Shopping center,Dublin.They only had 1 left,its probably gone now as a lot of people availing of offer.
    http://www.dunnesstores.ie/page.php?pid=8&section_id=32&sub_section_id=80&range_id=89&product_id=2387

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

karlr42 wrote: »
    The privilege card is discontinued from what I've heard(though if anyone has any info I'd be glad to hear it), and I've been working in Dunnes for 15 months now- I've never been told about it, and I've only seen them presented twice on checkouts.
    Also, they never tell anyone about these Thursday-Sunday promotions for competition reasons, it's a surprise for everyone in the store.
    25% back has to be in ValueClub vouchers I would expect, though I'd be happy to be proven wrong(though it means a lot more work for me over the next few days- no wonder I was asked to come in tomorrow when I was meant to be off).
    As mentioned, it ties in with last weeks 20% back in Vouchers- all delivered in December for Christmas shopping.
    In any case, all will be revealed tomorrow morning.

You have to be with the company over two year's to be entitled to a 10%discount with the privilage card which rises to 20%after 5year's!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

They have heaps of the 160GB drives in the (off) Henry Street store - top floor. Oddly enough they only had the high priced laptops there (c. €700+) and none of the cheapo/basic €399 ones while they had the latter in the ILAC grocery Dunnes (Moore St end).

Advertisement