Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young Hurler Of The Year 2008

Options
  • 24-09-2008 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭

TJ Reid is unreal value at 16/1. Played a huge part in U-21 victory, came on scored ~5 points in the AI Final and won the Fitzgibbon with WIT.

Joe Canning is 1/3 fav but I feel Kilkenny will take the honours here as with most hurling titles.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

cson wrote: »
    TJ Reid is unreal value at 16/1. Played a huge part in U-21 victory, came on scored ~5 points in the AI Final and won the Fitzgibbon with WIT.

Joe Canning is 1/3 fav but I feel Kilkenny will take the honours here as with most hurling titles.

Not really my definition of value cson, not a hope in hell and even if Joe Canning was to do something that would somehow cause them to overlook him (kill Nicky Brennan or something similar) then Seamus Callinan would be the next choice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Fitzgibbon Cups don't come into the equation when they are considering young hurler of the year awards. Its all about the senior championship and, to a lesser extent, the league. Put the house on JC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 halfthetrack

Fitzgibbon Cups don't come into the equation when they are considering young hurler of the year awards. Its all about the senior championship and, to a lesser extent, the league. Put the house on JC.

on a semi related theme, gary connaughton will be all star football keeper, got it from a good serve nominated 3 westmeath players gonna give 2 one and he is the choice 7/2 get on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

Definitely going to be John Devine for GK for an All-Star, can't see where you're pulling a Westmeath All-Star out of at all.

Definitely going to be John Devine for GK for an All-Star, can't see where you're pulling a Westmeath All-Star out of at all.

You generally need to be nominated first ;) BTW masterson will win this but 7/2 is value for connaughton alright

• Advertisement

Hope you didnt get stung for too much here cson, didnt make the shorlist!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mitsubishi

Worth a bet

Colm O'Brien full back line@ 7/1
    Brain O'Connell mid field 50/1
    Lar Corbett @ 11/2 full forward line

Nope, thankfully I didn't back him.

Gotta start doing some research on these things! :pac:

Nope, thankfully I didn't back him.

Gotta start doing some research on these things! :pac:

lol, and i see from the GAA forum your a portumna man aswell, shocking stuff hope Joe doesnt find out ;)

lol, and i see from the GAA forum your a portumna man aswell, shocking stuff hope Joe doesnt find out ;)

Joe's more than paid his way in first goalscorer bets.

I thought it was time to lay him :o

• Advertisement

Joe's more than paid his way in first goalscorer bets.

I thought it was time to lay him :o

I really hope your talking about gambling here and not some homo-erotic fantasy going too far :D:D

Rofl :pac:

Advertisement