Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worst online marketing campaign ever?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

whatever gets people talking I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Yeah - people are talking about it alright. The viral marketing is working.

I don't get the connection either btw! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

tomED wrote: »
    Yeah - people are talking about it alright. The viral marketing is working.

I don't get the connection either btw! :)

Thank god! I thought I was alone with my views. What utter tripe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭flash harry

now i know lilttle about this area (hence my other post) but surely 2.9 M + views on the first version of it on youtube=extremely successful viral marketing???

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭deepriver

now i know lilttle about this area (hence my other post) but surely 2.9 M + views on the first version of it on youtube=extremely successful viral marketing???

impressive statistic and if it was an online product you could track the conversation rate to a sale, which would be a more accurate metric of the commerical success

then again it could be just a branding excercise, but a weak one at that, they are digging up an old campaign that was sucessful, because the intervening ones were duds, but it reeks a bit of desperation

also if you read the bio on the drummer/guerilla its truly awful, the kind of stuff a spotty marketing graduate would have written... favourite band The Monkee's... argggg makes me wince

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭handbraker

looking at the number of views this is working. kind of like those stupid microsoft/seinfelt ads, which had no sell but got lots of geeks talking about hidden messages etc

Advertisement