Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play.com Price Crash Sale; Up to 85% Off!!

Options
  • 24-09-2008 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

Link

Some good offers on Cd's, Games, Books, Clothes, Gadgets, Dvd's etc.

Heres some good picks, all with FREE delivery for new people to play.com:

The Departed (2 Discs)(DVD)
    EUR 5.49

Sam Sparro - Sam Sparro (CD)
    EUR 5.49

The Feeling - Twelve Stops And Home (CD)
    EUR 4.49

Kings Of Leon - Because Of The Times (CD)
    EUR 5.49

28 Weeks Later / 28 Days Later - Double Pack (DVD)
    EUR 6.99

Mass Effect (X360)
    EUR 20.99

Frontlines: Fuel Of War (PC)
    EUR 11.49

Loads more also... :pac::pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

If anyone is interested in ordering Mass effect for xbox360 i'd reccomend Asda. I just ordered it the other morning for around 16euro (delivery is free to ireland even if the site says different). It was sent out to me the same day I ordered it.

Mass Effect

They have some great prices on there other games too... some starting as low as €9.70

Xbox 360 games asda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vincenzo1975

cheap movies and games also on --

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

cheap movies and games also on -- .

wow I clicked on the Iron man Quick-play Blu-ray disc and this was in the description

This is a BD-QuickPlay title!
    BD-QuickPlay titles are High Definition movies (1080p unless otherwise specified) on DVD discs. To ensure quality, there are no menus or special features, but there may be extra audio languages or subtitles.
    You will need a Blu-Ray player, Playstation 3 or PC equipped with HD player software to watch these.

How dodgy does that sound?... of course the price tag of only £4.05 was a bit of a giveaway in itself. :D

And as for the games.. they are on recorded dvds so they wont work unless you have a hacked system

This is a Xbox360 video game!
    This is a video game designed for the Microsoft Xbox360 console.
    You will need a console that has modified firmware.
    We recommend latest ixtreme firmware 1.0 to 1.2 rev.c. or newer. All games are stealth patched.
    For more information, please consult our FAQ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vincenzo1975

hey, all I said was that they were cheap, if it looks like they are dodgy, I obviously would not recommend them at all.

I know someone who buys 30-40 DVDs and games per month, and he recommended it. never looked beyond the prices myself.

If the mods feel its too dodgy, I request they remove the link....

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

kendragon wrote: »
    If anyone is interested in ordering Mass effect for xbox360 i'd reccomend Asda. I just ordered it the other morning for around 16euro (delivery is free to ireland even if the site says different). It was sent out to me the same day I ordered it.

Mass Effect

They have some great prices on there other games too... some starting as low as €9.70

Xbox 360 games asda

Cheers, ordered this = €16.06! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭April Raine

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Link

Some good offers on Cd's, Games, Books, Clothes, Gadgets, Dvd's etc.

Heres some good picks, all with FREE delivery for new people to play.com:

The Departed (2 Discs)(DVD)
    EUR 5.49

Sam Sparro - Sam Sparro (CD)
    EUR 5.49

The Feeling - Twelve Stops And Home (CD)
    EUR 4.49

Kings Of Leon - Because Of The Times (CD)
    EUR 5.49

28 Weeks Later / 28 Days Later - Double Pack (DVD)
    EUR 6.99

Mass Effect (X360)
    EUR 20.99

Frontlines: Fuel Of War (PC)
    EUR 11.49

Loads more also... :pac::pac:

Do they take laser and is there a delivery charge to ireland? Also the price on the site is sterling not euro? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Do they take laser and is there a delivery charge to ireland? Also the p[rice on thye site is sterling not euro? Thanks

No and no.
    And click on the euro sign in the top right corner to get euro prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Talisman

Nice prices but Play.com piss me off with their 9~10% Euro tax. The exchange rate they have of £1 = €1.40 is a complete rip off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 illbeback989

Talisman wrote: »
    Nice prices but Play.com piss me off with their 9~10% Euro tax.

Actually, it's 21% for me. I ordered a DVD Box-Set for €63 from them 2 weeks ago, and today received a notice that I have to pay €18 of custom charges to collect it (€13 VAT + €5 an post charge):mad:

So, I'm just wondering, do you have to pay tax for anything you order from play.com or is it just my order???

Thanks a lot!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,859 ✭✭✭Soarer

I think if the order's over €45, you could get caught for VAT.

Crap I know, but that's the joys of living in a low tax economy! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Actually, it's 21% for me. I ordered a DVD Box-Set for €63 from them 2 weeks ago, and today received a notice that I have to pay €18 of custom charges to collect it (€13 VAT + €5 an post charge):mad:
    That's a seperate issue though. It's in their terms and conditions that you may be liable for import duty on items purchased.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Nice prices but Play.com piss me off with their 9~10% Euro tax. The exchange rate they have of £1 = €1.40 is a complete rip off.

Check out this for a joke of an exchange rate

Sterling £89.99
    Euro €179.99

:eek::eek::eek:

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/5890628/Stargate-SG-1-Seasons-1-10-And-The-Ark-Of-Truth-Box-Set/Product.html?cur=257

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Keith C wrote: »
    Check out this for a joke of an exchange rate

Sterling £89.99
    Euro €179.99

:eek::eek::eek:

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/5890628/Stargate-SG-1-Seasons-1-10-And-The-Ark-Of-Truth-Box-Set/Product.html?cur=257

Thats a PlayTrade seller, its like an ebay thing. You're buying it from an individual instead of Play. Those prices are quoted for cheapest available to UK, and cheapest available delivered to Ireland. The guy selling the €179 box set is selling it for £123 delivered to the UK, so still a fairly bad exchange rate, but it'll also cost him a fair bit extra on postage i'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

So, I'm just wondering, do you have to pay tax for anything you order from play.com or is it just my order???

Thanks a lot!!!

you shouldn't have had to pay tax on this unless it was an item from a playtrade seller and came from outside the EU or you bought from the playusa site, i'd check the details again if i were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

dereko1969 wrote: »
    you shouldn't have had to pay tax on this unless it was an item from a playtrade seller and came from outside the EU or you bought from the playusa site, i'd check the details again if i were you.

Play.com is based in Jersey, therefore outside the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

CDWOW offer the same exchange rate. Should be used to this now as it's the same story with retailers like Tesco, Topman etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

CDWOW offer the same exchange rate. Should be used to this now as it's the same story with retailers like Tesco, Topman etc.

You can pay in sterling or US dollars on cdwow, it depends which version of cdwow you go for, you cant do the same with play.com. There are still plenty of bargains on play especially on books. Stephen Kings new one duma key is only €5.49

Sendit.com offer £1 = €1.30 which is pretty much the correct exchange rate. CDWOW and others don't force you to pay the extortionate Euro price if you order from outside the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭DefenseSoapEire

€6.99 is a great price for the 28 days/weeks deal

Advertisement