Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laois TD's son gets 18 months.

Options
  • 24-09-2008 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

A TD's son has been given 18 months behind bars for a litany of offences including stoning a priest's horse until it was cut and bruised, assault and indecency at at a golf club.

The teen, 18 year-old Peter Fleming is the only child of Laois TD, Sean Fleming. The Fianna Fail TD apologised on behalf of the Fleming family, saying: "I am truly sorry and the family is very sorry for all the difficulties Peter caused to a lot of people along the way". The Laois TD refused to comment further on the case this week, which saw his son put behind bars for a series of charges including assault, criminal damage, cruelty to animals, indecency, unauthorised taking of a vehicle, threatening and abusive behaviour and being drunk in public.

From the Evening Herald, September 23rd 2008, Vol. 116, No. 228
    Good to see the law finally taking action to rectify the situation. The little gurrior done €33,000 worth of damage to the local sawmills after joyriding around the yard and overturning a forklift which was wrote off!!! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Sounds like he'd gotten away with a whole pile of stuff down the years because of his Dad's pull and turned into a right little scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

From reading that I'd say he needs those 18 months in prison....might soften him up a bit,lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,265 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Nice to see the TD in question DIDN'T use influence to pull weight.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭El Che

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Its rumoured he had used his influence in the past, but it just became unavoidable in the end and he had to let the law take its course as it was getting too serious.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Well I think it's clear from that article that he must have in the past,couldn't be overlooked this time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,265 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

kmart6 wrote: »
    Well I think it's clear from that article that he must have in the past,couldn't be overlooked this time!

The kid is 18, so this is the first time jail would have been an option. And any FF TD could swing it so that his kid stayed free.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

He could been sent to underage detention centre,better than nothing! Something this big there is not a chance in hell his daddy could have got him away with it. Especially with €33,000 worth of damage was done!

Advertisement