Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brookie Fans

Options
  • 24-09-2008 3:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

So guys are there any old fans here of Brookside, this was by far my favourite soap... storylines were well out there but it could be so funny, still can't get used to seeing sinbad on Corrie :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Roses are red

Loved Brookside one of the better soaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

l'd like to see the Actor who played Jimmy Corkill back on our screens.
    l haven't seen him in much since Brookie finished.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

What got me thinking of it was the new Daz advert, cleaner close or whatever.. they have old soap stars in the ad, dean gaffney, julie Goodyear and Sue Jenkins who I think was Jackie - Jimmy's wife in Brookie.. wonder if there's anywhere u can get the episodes on DVD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 chicaguapa

I used to love Brookside.

brilliant soap.

Yes Sue Jenkins was Jimmy Corkhills wife, she used to be a barmaid in corrie also and recently appeared in emmerdale.

her son is richard fleeshman (sp!) who appeared in corrie as craig. he was going out with rosie webster.
    his sister in corrie killed their dad who worked in garage with kevin webster.

some useless info for ya !!

Sue Jenkins also appeared in Emmerdale years ago as Barmaid Gloria, she broke Erics heart when she left him.
    So it was strange to see her back , but as somebody else. l wish they wouldn't do that its :confused:.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 chicaguapa

I dont think she was a barmaid in emmerdale. you may be thinking of some one else. she was a barmaid in corrie called gloria.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sue_Jenkins

Oops! Right actress , wrong soap.:D at least l got the name Gloria right.;):D

the last few minutes.... a little bit of Nostalgia.... all together now .............aaahhhhhhhh

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=FwZp3EI2rW8

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭GeturGun

ah, that music brings back memories of Saturday evenings!!!

I liked the Jordaches (Trevor, not so much though! :D)

GeturGun wrote: »
    ah, that music brings back memories of Saturday evenings!!!

I liked the Jordaches (Trevor, not so much though! :D)

ah ya good ole flurry knox, or bob as he's more recently known:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I was an extra on brookside for two years back in the mid 90's which worked out at about 3 or 4 episodes a month when you would be required to be on set and then you may not be used in that days recordings .I sometimes see jimmy corkhill and other brookie actors around the city .

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Trev C

Loved that soap. Im sure everyone would agree Jimmy Corkhill was the star, and his dog "crackers". Havent really seen many of the stars re-appear on tv. Anna Friel was one of the jordaches and her younger sister in it has been in a few things aswell, think she was nurse in something recently. Seen Billy Corkhill on Casualty or one of those aswell. I think they ended it at the right time though cause it was on a bit of a slide.

Yeah , they wanted rid of it all right, they started to put it on at odd hours so a lot of viewers missed it and then they blamed low viewing numbers as one of the reasons
    for cancelling it.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I watched it from the very start. The best scenes were always in the Grants house. Just the day to day happenings in that house were brilliant. Bobby Grant's (Ricky Tomlinson) character was the man of the moment. He was a passionate trade unionist and the arguments between himself , Barry and Karen made great tv. Looking back, the writers did a great job tracing the Grants through unemployment and the bleak 1980s. I loved the contrast with the 'professionals' on the Close, especially Heather and Roger. The Grants moved to Brookside when they were on the 'up' and they moved to their big new house. By comparison the Collins were demoted by moving to the Close. I think their Dad had lost his job and they had to downsize. The actress who played Lucy Collins died suddenly at 41 years of age.
    http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0001020/
    I gave up watching when the mysterious virus attacked the residents. The writers should have called it a day before that.

Advertisement