Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting from Heuston to Santry in a hurry

Options
  • 24-09-2008 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the place to post this but here goes:

Is it best to go by bus, dart, luas, taxi or a combination?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Eh Luas to Abbey Street and the 41 from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Charlie3dan

Thanks a mil

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

What part of Santry...?

SPORTS LINK PST
    Furry Park
    Santry
    Dublin 9

Another option if you are in a mad rush.

You could get the 748 express bus to the airport from Heuston and then one of the many buses from the Airport down to Sportslink.If doing this you can get a one day ticket for 6 euro.

I am a member of Sportslink,its a nice spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Luas and 41s easier.

Thanks Dub13 that sounds good if it's quicker?

There's martial arts competitiion I'm trying to get to. Gettin the 8:30 train from cork so I'll be really short on time

hunter164 wrote: »
    Luas and 41s easier.

Maybe but with the current road works on the old airport road it could be an option to keep in mind.

I was at the same comp last year and I think we got a taxi and it wasn't too bad money wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭markpb

Dub13 wrote: »
    Maybe but with the current road works on the old airport road it could be an option to keep in mind.

Absolutely. The 41s can be very slow at the moment. Ask an inspector when the next 748 is leaving. If it's 5-10 minutes or less, get the 748.

• Advertisement

I think the 748 leaves every half hour,on the hour and the half hour.If you are doing this definitely get a one day ticket as it costs 6 euro the same as one trip on the 748.The driver does not sell them you will have to buy the one day ticket in Heuston.

Ok thanks all, I'll chance the 748. I could be battered and bruised after so I'll save my taxi money for the way back. Cheers

Ok thanks all, I'll chance the 748. I could be battered and bruised after so I'll save my taxi money for the way back. Cheers

You can not go wrong for 6 euro.Let us know how you get on.

Will do, I hope it's worth the hassle ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

Have you priced a helicopter? They are becoming quite popular in Dublin and thus should be getting cheaper to hire.
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:mad:

Well after all that we ended up hopping in a taxi both ways.
    Thanks anyway for the comments, we got silver in the team event so were happy enough.

Helicopter next time definitely ;)

Did you get stuck in the road works..?

No we passed the road works but there weren't any delays so we were lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Geog ariphic

Hi all,

I'm heading to the same competition this year, wondering if you'd recommend the same or different options to get there? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,642 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Hi all,

I'm heading to the same competition this year, wondering if you'd recommend the same or different options to get there? Thanks

LUAS to Abbey Street, walk down to outside the Irish Life Mall, and then any of the 33, 41, 41b or 41c.

Get off at the stop announced as Santry Retail Park - Sportslink is at the end of the road that leads past the Business Park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Eoghan1103

I need to get from heuston to santry, airways industrial estate specifically. Is that close to sportslnk? Or does a bus go all the way to Airways industrial estate?

Eoghan1103 wrote: »
    I need to get from heuston to santry, airways industrial estate specifically. Is that close to sportslnk? Or does a bus go all the way to Airways industrial estate?

Yeah its just across the road. You could get the express bus 747 from the station to the Airport and then a local bus out of the airport heading back into the city and that will leave you right at the estate.

Or you could get to Luas to Abbey street and then get the 41/41c/33 from abbey street out to the estate, I think this would be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Dub13: Helping people get from Heuston to Santry for 10 years :pac:

Cienciano wrote: »
    Dub13: Helping people get from Heuston to Santry for 10 years :pac:

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Eoghan1103

Dub13 wrote: »
    Yeah its just across the road. You could get the express bus 747 from the station to the Airport and then a local bus out of the airport heading back into the city and that will leave you right at the estate.

Or you could get to Luas to Abbey street and then get the 41/41c/33 from abbey street out to the estate, I think this would be your best bet.

I got the luas then 41 and dropped me right there, thanks a mil

Advertisement