Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

playing chess on liffey st?

Options
  • 24-09-2008 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭

Theres a guy on liffey street (junction with Henery st) playing games of 3 min chess saying he is Jamicia's number one player.

He is trying to raise money before Sunday to fly home to visit his sick dad.

If anyone is about and wants to go up against him

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

cash money says his dad isn't sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Burial

Is he still there? Do you play him for cash or do you pay him if you lose and he pays you if you win? I also have my doubts of him being the best in Jamaica and having a sick dad...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Burial wrote: »
    Is he still there? Do you play him for cash or do you pay him if you lose and he pays you if you win? I also have my doubts of him being the best in Jamaica and having a sick dad...
    I played him. He's very good. You don't have to pay to play.
    It's very exciting, he has music blaring from an IPod, he draws a big crowd and he's very good.

Some people playing are only begineers so their 3 minutes runs out after about 10 moves. I got up to about 25 moves and then time ran out. He had only used about 35 seconds.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

is he still there? I would love to take him on. :D

Advertisement