Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Respirator and Air Filtration

Options
  • 24-09-2008 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

Guys,

After only finding very expensive gear, does any know the Cheapest place,to get either AirPro or Power Cap powered respirators, and something similar to microclenes air filtration ( for small workshop the MC100 seems about right size. ) .

I know this gear is very important, and i am doing more and more turning, and going thru buckets of paper masks.

Im also looking for something like the Record Power Dust collection ( for dust and chip ) , the bucket/hose types, but somewhere cheaper than mcquillans !!

Thanks

Loz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭loz

Second hand would do if serviceable state ? - Anyone recently upgraded and have old dust collection, air filtration or respirators for sale ?

Ta

Loz

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Try looking at the Axminster own brand stuff on www.axminster.co.uk .

I have a WV100 which works fine for sucking up dust while sanding, but big chips just don't get touched by it. I think you'd need something much more powerful (and therefore expensive) to cope with that. I just connect up the hose to it and use it like a vacuum cleaner to clean up after a session.

Looked at the powered air filtration masks, but they made me feel to claustrophobic, so I just use the WV100 in combination with a 3M fine dust mask (with replaceable filters) that I bought in Woodies.

Hi Alun,

The wv looks pretty much similar to the Record Power one i was thinking of.

Thanks

Loz

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

loz wrote: »
    The wv looks pretty much similar to the Record Power one i was thinking of.
    The only thing I'd change if I was doing it again would be to go for the WV200 instead (more power). The people who make the Axminster branded stuff (Yorkleen) make a conversion kit (i.e. a second motor plus associated wiring and switches) to convert one to the other, which I may invest in at some time.

EDIT: CORRECTION .. it's the WV1 I have, not the WV100 and the conversion kit converts it to a WV2.

Ah ! thanks for that,

Thast mike it more expensive than the record power one with same spec, 1kw with 100mil tube.

I'm gonna spec them all i think, then decide.

Thanks for the advice.

Laurence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

I bought an auto-switching power tool extractor from LIDL and it's great.. it was only 70 Euro which includes VAT, you plug your power tool into the extractor and when you turn on the tool the extractor comes on and stays on for 5 secs after the tool is turned off, it's the business. It's a wet-dry vacuum too.

I also have the Record Power extractor, the RSDE1 or something... it is good but no autoswitching... it holds more than the LIDL one and works well on planers and saws for example... the LIDL one works best on sanders, routers, biscuit jointers and smaller tools. I was so happy with the LIDL one that I bought a second one and now have two.

I think its DM Tools in the UK that have excellent prices for Record Power stuff, and promotions etc. Or find out when McQuillans are going to a show and buy your stuff at the show, better prices usually.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

loz wrote: »
    Guys,

After only finding very expensive gear, does any know the Cheapest place,to get either AirPro or Power Cap powered respirators,

Is this out of your price range?

http://www.axminster.co.uk/cid/PPRRBNCS9FVEJY40D57GQSSXEBGTNHYM/product-Trend-Airshield-Pro-719697.htm

Advertisement