Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone live in Kingswood Tallaght?

Options
  • 24-09-2008 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi All,

Does anyone live there or know anything about the Kingswood area in Tallaght?
    Such as are the houses well built or is crime an issue etc...

I`m thinking about moving to tallaght as my wifes family are from the old bawn end and she wants to be closer to them, we currently live in Swords. They don`t know much about the area but seem to think its ok.We had a look at a couple of other places but liked kingswood the most. The estates are lined with mature trees and have plenty of green spaces .It seemed to be quiet enough and the houses are generally well kept with alot of them being currenlty or recently renovated.They also seem to be a good size house and well priced compared to others in Tallaght .Plus its beside the Luas line and the M50 which is ideal for our commute to work.

With two young kids my main concern is wheather its a good,safe area for them to grow up in,what are the neighbours like etc.... I know nothing is garanteed regarding neighbours or crime but as this will be the third time we`ve moved we want to be as sure as is possible about the place as we really don`t want to have to do it again.

Any help would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

Hi All,

Does anyone live there or know anything about the Kingswood area in Tallaght?
    Such as are the houses well built or is crime an issue etc...

I`m thinking about moving to tallaght as my wifes family are from the old bawn end and she wants to be closer to them, we currently live in Swords. They don`t know much about the area but seem to think its ok.We had a look at a couple of other places but liked kingswood the most. The estates are lined with mature trees and have plenty of green spaces .It seemed to be quiet enough and the houses are generally well kept with alot of them being currenlty or recently renovated.They also seem to be a good size house and well priced compared to others in Tallaght .Plus its beside the Luas line and the M50 which is ideal for our commute to work.

With two young kids my main concern is wheather its a good,safe area for them to grow up in,what are the neighbours like etc.... I know nothing is garanteed regarding neighbours or crime but as this will be the third time we`ve moved we want to be as sure as is possible about the place as we really don`t want to have to do it again.

Any help would be great!

I rented a room in Kingswood for about 6 months...

I have to say I never had a problem there, in fact it's a respectable area really, better than average in Dublin and I would have no problems recommending it as a place to live. I noticed no crime, ie no burgularies, no burnt out cars or problems with joy-riding or anything like that and generally it was a quiet and peaceful area during the day and at night...I didn't see any knacker drinking or anything like that either.

I would say it's more a middle class area than working class.

Houses seem grand with no problems.

So yeh I would say overall it's a grand area, convienent to the M50, Luas, the Square in Tallaght, the Naas Road and the people are sound enough and there are plenty of Green areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Plus its beside the Luas line and the M50 which is ideal for our commute to work.

Just a note to say depending on what time you are leaving at getting onto the m50 can take absolutely AGES.

Advertisement