Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M14??????

Options
  • 23-09-2008 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭

what company makes the best m14 in regards to build quality, reliability, accuracy etc.... read somewhere that the semi goes on some makes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

as it happens there is a big thread over on arnies on exactly this. you might want to have a looksee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

if its no bother man can you post a linksy, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I remember DEX always telling me that TM I think, did an absolutely brilliant version, though I'm not sure he can shed light on this.

G&G have a lovely one, it would have been a perfect piece if not for the bit of fugly plastic cover on top of the front part of the rifle. But being G7G im sure you could get over it with animal performance.

ACM is one everyone knows, and mostly everyone has for the price. They are ok performers , I hear alot of people impressed when they first get them in regards to accuracy and range.

I find m14s in general very heavy, bulky and long. ( coming from me with a whopper m16)

The socom is a popular choice, but is still heavy....

If you have money lieing around, splash on a nice one to seperate you from the crowd....The G&G for example has a walnut wood finish, which is easily distuinguished from the ACM types

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The ACM one is really nice for the price BUT I hate the plastic top lining....the stock of the rifle feels very heavy, but the end of the rifle feels super light....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

if youre going clone, or planning on upgrading get a CYMA, avoid the ACM/AGM one like the clap, they are the WE's of the AEG market.
    re: the CYMAs hand guard:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM8ad4x-3Fo

if not get Tokyo Mauri, they are a fairly good gun out the box.
    G&G iv heard conflicting reports about, i wouldnt like to waste that much mone only to land a lemon.

the semi problem is a design flaw due to the nature of the Ver 7 gear box, the selector switch is on the right hand side of the gun but the actual control is on the lef hand side of the gear box.
    to get around this soem genious designed a bit of plastic that wraps around the back of the gear box like so:

(L)
    (R)

so you turn the selector switch (0) 180 degrees or whatever, and the plastic bot ,oves back so on the left hand side it moves in a linear motion, instead of just using gears or something.
    you can disconnect the plastic to make it semi-only or full auto, if you like, simple as removing one screw.

its a heavy-ish gun, compared to a jamalite, but not too heavy at all, a sling makes a big difference but you won be lost without it or anything, especially not if youre goin snippin with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

a g3 i think is a better choice than an m14 and jg make a very good madle

Advertisement