Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aeg snipers

Options
  • 23-09-2008 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭

well an recommendations? something thats not full auto and not the marui psg1. the real sword svd is looking damn tempting

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

well an recommendations? something thats not full auto and not the marui psg1. the real sword svd is looking damn tempting

cheers

Make your own out of bits of other rifles like a frankenstein AEG... I'm using my M15 as an aeg sniper. fitted it with a nice scope,removed ironsight,added silencer and am awaiting bi-pod from eirsoft :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Tm m14

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

SL8 or SL9, if you get the CA one you'd be best changing the gears and piston before giving it any major use., :)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tmg

go the whole hog

jg g3 ras, add a guarder hop-up bucking, a 6.03 barrel and go for a 650 or 690 mm one so you have to use a silencer to cover it.

pros
    - good close grouping at range (already is as jg usually ship with a 6.04 barrel, but the extra length is useful)
    - looks cool with a decent scope
    - about as accurate as you will get with a 1j airsoft
    - full auto if you need it (although snipers will debate this as its more a style of play than an aeg etc.)
    - on the g3, a decent sized mid and high cap magazines

cons
    - its kinda long
    - its also kinda heavy
    - it is pretty conspicious
    - somewhat of a pain to take apart

or another good option is something like an aug which again you can extend the barrel from stock 509mm to something a good bit longer, without making a hugely long aeg. Guarder hop bucking is also a good idea.

Main thing to ensure is that you dont make a hot gun - you will add a few fps with the new barrel, so if you are close to the 328 fps limit, make sure to do the spring too.

t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

vtec wrote: »
    SL8 or SL9, if you get the CA one you'd be best changing the gears and piston before giving it any major use., :)

I was going to post that I used to have one, and it's accurate. But, it does have full-auto capability, and can use the G36 full-size mags too, making it into an assault rifle. Great piece, although I was lucky in that the one I had had a good mechbox and behaved itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

hmmm the g3 sounds interesting :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

kevteljeur wrote: »
    I was going to post that I used to have one, and it's accurate. But, it does have full-auto capability, and can use the G36 full-size mags too, making it into an assault rifle. Great piece, although I was lucky in that the one I had had a good mechbox and behaved itself.

Are these known to have issues? I got one ages ago but have only got about
    2-3 mags of BB's gone through it.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

bullets wrote: »
    Are these known to have issues? I got one ages ago but have only got about
    2-3 mags of BB's gone through it.

~B

I've never had a problem with mine (the only problem I've had with mine was due to the owner being an eejit :o), Vtec did with his and I believe that how recently it was produced makes a difference. It's more to do with Classic Army deciding that QA is no longer required.

how much would that set me back?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

how much would that set me back?

Heres where I got mine, Got a review there too:
    http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=38&products_id=156

Got some pics here:
    http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w70/bullets_ie/airsoft/ca-ca8-2/

Dunno how much upgrades would set you back.

~B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

The A&k sr-25 is a good choice if you don't mind a bit of weight. Tis full metal so there is no wobble at all.Its accurate stock but if you get a guarder hop up bucking and 6.03 tight-bore barrel it'll be more of a beast.

You got yours before me bullets, as did kev but mine was a complete bastard. on its first use the piston head seperated from the piston and after fixing that in hrta ready to game again, the gears ate the piston altogether, its one of them yellow CA pistons they make from cheese or something. complete crap.,
    But anyway, i replaced the piston and tuned it up a little, and its perfect now., one of my best looking rifles.,:)

getting the g&g sr25 sniper from tony when they come in, they look like a beast but beautiful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

I ordered a g&g gr25 today off eirsoft. gotta agree that's 1 sexy rifle!

Dr_Pepper wrote: »
    I ordered a g&g gr25 today off eirsoft. gotta agree that's 1 sexy rifle!

aye, cant wait and designed to have semi only its sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭amaughan

i dont see the point in being a sniper and using an aeg it sorta destroys the purpose of being a sniper.beside the fact that you dont need to cock it every shot, the noise of them would wreak any attempts of stealth as your position would be given away the first shot you take.

amaughan wrote: »
    i dont see the point in being a sniper but using an aeg it sorta destroys the purpose of being a sniper.beside the fact that you dont need to cock it every shot the noise of them would wreak and attempts of stealth as your position would be given away the first shot you take.

perhaps sharpshooting is the word i should have used, worse part is i know the difference lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭amaughan

perhaps sharpshooting is the word i should have used, worse part is i know the difference lol

ha ha good man i not directing at you in particular just there is a lot of ''snipers'' out there that use aegs witch is not really sniping just an aeg with a scope.

either way u cant say its not sex on a bi-pod haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

The only proper aeg's based on sniper rifles that I'm aware of are the PSG-1 and the Dragunov. The likes of the M14, the SR25, G3SG1 etc are marksmans rifles. They're designed to be used as an active support unit for a squad or fire team, unlike sniper rifles which are designed for those working on the edge of an area in indirect support of a squad or unit. A marksman is supposed to be able to fight just as dynamically as his fellow squad members, but also to be able to provide longer ranged and more accurate fire when necessary.

I've been using the G&G SR25 (GR25) for just shy of a year now, it's a fantastic rifle, but not one for people who are in any way trigger happy. You need the patience of a sniper at times and the dynamics of an squaddie at others. Also, the G&G SR25 requires a 9.6V battery to prevent the anti-reversal latch from kicking in after every few shots. 8.4V batteries, just won't do it.
    They are semi only, no auto. Don't be tempted to compensate for this by rapid trigger pulling, they have a tendency to blow the fuse after 15 or so rapid shots. Besides, if you haven't hit your target after 3, this isn't the rifle for you.
    It's big, it's cumbersome, it's a pain in the arse with magazines (there are no compatible midcaps and the locaps are only available in short-box type), but it's a rewarding rifle if it suits your style and you are willing to put in the time with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Funny thing about the dragunov is its a marksmans rifle too, its just shown as a sniper rifle so often in films, games people assume it is.

The idea is a squad has one man equipped with a dragunov, extending the effective engagement range of the squad to 600m.
    Essentially your typical dmr role, and the rifle has been hugely succesful in that role, I dont think they are up to extended range sniper use though.

I'll openly admit that I don't know a great deal about Kalashnikovs of any description, and my ignorance led me to believe the Dragunov was an attempt at a semi auto sniper rifle rather than a marksmans rifle. I thought it's range was a lot further out than that. Interesting, must get some reading on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Agreed Dex, I was put straight recently by someone who knows an awful lot about them than I do. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055380217

That why this place works, sometimes, there are people out there who actually know what their talking about. When it comes to Dragonovs I don't! and am glad that there are those willing to fill us in.

It makes no difference weather your rifle is a semi auto or bolt action etc, being a sniper in airsoft is all about field craft and the gun means very little., ive always played a sniper type role but hadnt bought a sniper rifle until about a month or 2 ago., before then it was a G&G CQB-S, VFC 416 or a JG G36c,.,

In real steel, it can be used further out than 600m.

Its like modern asault rifles were designed to meet the demand of combat that most frequently occured under 300m, but they are capable of longer ranges.

The dragunov has a more powerful round than the 7.62 nato, so is likely a bit longer ranged, but usually come in at 1-1.5 moa accuracy, where your m14 dmr will be sub 1moa.

But in its role, semi auto, very powerful, and with very good if not amazing accuracy it does its job extremely well and reliably in the harshest conditions.

Its also not a kalashnikov, despite striking similarity in its design. It has zero parts compatibilty with an ak, but with a similar method of doing things.
    Basically it was designed from the ground up without any compatibility in mind, while incorporating many design features of the kalashnikov, improving on accuracy with production methods, more locking lugs on the bolt, tighter tolerances etc.

I'm just dying to get my hands on the RS polymer model, its such a pain.

It makes no difference weather your rifle is a semi auto or bolt action etc, being a sniper in airsoft is all about field craft and the gun means very little., ive always played a sniper type role but hadnt bought a sniper rifle until about a month or 2 ago., before then it was a G&G CQB-S, VFC 416 or a JG G36c,.,

If ever I get an aeg that I dont make from scrap that shoots straight I'll be delighted to play a dmr/sniper role :D

Not a fan of support gunning, but still love assault, and an accurate aeg for a new role would be great craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

NakedDex wrote: »
    It's big, it's cumbersome, it's a pain in the arse with magazines (there are no compatible midcaps and the locaps are only available in short-box type), but it's a rewarding rifle if it suits your style and you are willing to put in the time with it.

So what kind of mags does it take?
    Custom ones or what? M14? Any chance of getting a stanag to fit etc?

im aware of all those points especially the fuse one but it does what i want and as you said if it takes u more than 3 shots its not being used for the right reasons. only question, what lenght is it?

The SR25 is chambered for 7.62 so it won't take STANAG magazines. The magwell is also positioned differently to the M14 etc so other 7.62 mags won't work either. In fact, the G&G SR25 won't even take other SR25 mags from different brands. They must be G&G branded. This means you're limited to hicap long-box mags or locap short-box mag. They're a nightmare to find mag pouches for and the short box mags are an arse to handle as they only sit proud of the magwell by 5mm or so.

I can't remember the length off hand, but it's not even close to short. I'll measure it when I get home from work.

• Advertisement

so is this a good gun or not? accuracy and distance good? you regret getting one?

Advertisement