Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this you?

Options
  • 23-09-2008 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

phd091908s.gif

No one's asked me for directions yet, which is just as well since I've only been in Galway a few weeks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Does anyone ever ask ?

I prefer to wander aimlessly....then joke how I got lost. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭inverted_world

Nope, it was more like this:

phd062504s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 KyleBovine

One of my friends, whose name is Dean, is pretty well known on campus. A group of fresher girls overheard someone shouting at "dean" and they assumed he was the Dean of Arts. They approached him later on looking for advice on their courses. He's in his thirties and has a pained look in his face so I kinda forgive them....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

It's worse when loads of the louder undergrads in the building know you and remember you from labs :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

A girl somehow made her way down to my office today asking for directions, she couldn't have been further away from her destination and the cheek of interrupting me whilst boards-ing! Also today was in the IT building and was approached by a gaggle of first years asking me where the IT building was....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Nuig campus doesn't make sense though...

That's the charm of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

If you say so!

Count your blessing you have nothing to do with Nuns' Island though, many the student who never returned...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

toiletduck wrote: »
    Count your blessing you have nothing to do with Nuns' Island though, many the student who never returned...

Ah it's alright they were only engineers anyway.

I always get students/visitors asking me were they are or looking for directions. I'm the only office on the bottom floor in my group and the other two guys aren't Irish and didn't do undergrads here so they have no idea what some young buck from Cavan is saying

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 KyleBovine

kevmy wrote: »
    I'm the only office on the bottom floor in my group and the other two guys aren't Irish and didn't do undergrads here so they have no idea what some young buck from Cavan is saying

So one needs to be Irish or have a degree from an Irish institution to understand our Cavan lingo? :)

Advertisement