Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel statistical analysis

Options
  • 23-09-2008 12:30pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Does anyone know a good book/web resource for using excel to statistically analyse questionnaires?

I have all my questionnaires in but don't have a clue where to start. Tutor is being quite vague & generally useless

thanks in advance

Taco

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Is your original data in Excel? SPSS (or R if you're that way inclined) are very common for a lot of statistical work, so you might actually find a bit more detail on those. SPSS I think can read and write excel workbooks if i'm not mistaken.

Both these sites look OK, I think they relate to older versions of Excel, but all the stuff you need is there:

http://phoenix.phys.clemson.edu/tutorials/excel/stats.html
    http://home.ubalt.edu/ntsbarsh/excel/excel.htm

That said, I've never done any serious statistical work since undergrad.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Err the tutor advised I use excel, so it's all inputted into Excel already. That's great, thanks for those links.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

Excel is good for only the most basic of basic statistics. If you need any sort of in-depth analysis with this questionnaire then you will need something with a bit more oomph.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

OK well, the tutor advised I use Excel so I guess he will be happy with the level of analysis from it.

I ended up buying Statistical Analysis with Excel for Dummies. It's pretty good so far. Thanks for all replies

Advertisement