Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Definition of full-time employment for affordable housing (Dublin City)

Options
  • 23-09-2008 12:36am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's early days yet but my girlfriend and I are beginning to look at the affordable housing scheme with a view to applying in the relatively near future.

For Dublin City Council one of the criteria listed is that one of the two applicants (At least) must be in full time employment... I'm wondering what the definition of that is.

I have been registered as self-employed for the last year or so and have been earning quite a bit below the average wage (far less than a full timer on minimum wage, let's say). However I am now in a regular, permanent (albeit part-time) job and by next year my income (supplemented with my self-employed income) will be a reasonable amount - although still within the confines of the scheme.

So my questions are - does self employed count as full time or will I have to sit it out another year before I apply? And after that does it matter to them that I'm technically part-time permanent / self employed, assuming the net income I make is enough to satisfy a lender?

Basically, how strict are they about these things or is it a case-by-case basis?

Thanks.

Advertisement