Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 x 500Gb H's - €105

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,033 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

also have a 1TB for same sort of price
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=343055

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Cheers just bought a 1TB drive. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

kyub wrote: »
    Cheers just bought a 1TB drive. :)

I've got 2 of the 1Tb drive, very nice 32Mb cache. Going to order another 2 or 3 this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭joenailface

I've owned samsung, western digital, seagate, hitatci and maxtor hard drives and the only ones that never gave me any problems was the samsung, i got an f1 samsung for a friend and it was one of the fastest drives ive ever seen, comparible with a raptor (im not a fanboy, i own a raptor :P) just my two cents, samsung = quite good, this = bargain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I've also bought 2x1TB Samsung drives recently and have 2x400GB Samsung drives too. They’re whisper quiet and very fast so highly recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Looks good value alright but saving €2.50 per drive is hardly jaw-dropping though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

Possibly minor/obvious point but be sure to check if such drives come with SATA cables or if you need to purchase these separately if you don't already have some spare. Once bitten... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Herald am. Max Burns.ie ad. Maxtor 500GB sata 2 (32mb) €59.00 friday and sat only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

I've owned samsung, western digital, seagate, hitatci and maxtor hard drives and the only ones that never gave me any problems was the samsung, i got an f1 samsung for a friend and it was one of the fastest drives ive ever seen, comparible with a raptor (im not a fanboy, i own a raptor ) just my two cents, samsung = quite good, this = bargain

Same here. Have went through quite a few drives, the last 6 have been Samsungs, not 1 problem. Really quiet. I'm definitely going to stick with them, especially at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Another vote for Samsung as hard drive of choice :)

Anyone able to comment on the noise levels from the 1TB drive? Is it something to worry about or is it the same as other drives these days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't be happy buying a 1TB setup unless I had a backup solution. That's a lot of data to lose :)

You could buy 4 x 500GB drives for €210, and raid-5 them, giving you 1.5 TB. Or you could buy 2 x 1TB drives for €206 and mirror them, but you've only got 1TB.

Or am I just stupidly over-cautious.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

i agree with you unless some one downloading just anything on net and dumping it on this drive and dont care if it dies.
    seamus wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't be happy buying a 1TB setup unless I had a backup solution. That's a lot of data to lose :)

You could buy 4 x 500GB drives for €210, and raid-5 them, giving you 1.5 TB. Or you could buy 2 x 1TB drives for €206 and mirror them, but you've only got 1TB.

Or am I just stupidly over-cautious.

Advertisement