Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money to spend and....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

i like the glock and i beleive it does full auto as well its awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

I've skirmished with a kwa glock17 for 9 months and not have any issue wiht it. Infact it chrono's about 308/.2g bb. I think thats impressive for a pistol, it has more range than most aeg's too.
    They're ugly fckers but reliable. never one missfeed.
    *mini-review get the glock

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭private.G

http://www.mainirishairsoft.com/scri...?idproduct=435 Is this one not illegal
    look at the fps:eek::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

private.G wrote: »
    Hmm.. I'm calling over there tomorrow, I'll ask, Prob a typo 320 fps ??
    Also it's out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭private.G

Hope so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

CO2 can be a right pain in the arse I've found. Those amplets don't last the proverbial p***ing time and if you run out of gas and don't have a new amplet to spare, it's very unlikely you'll be able to get one from a fellow skirmisher since CO2 guns are rarely used. I've also been put off by the lack of readily available spare mags for them.
    The only upside of using them, in my opinion, is that they don't suffer from cool-down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

private.G wrote: »

Nope 328fps is bang on for .2g at 1J, plus you are allowed a little ''give'' anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Personly, i love the tm desert eagle, its just a lot of fun and has such a kick to it, eirsoft do them for 150 euro, but i think hes out of stock till next week or so

NakedDex wrote: »
    CO2 can be a right pain in the arse I've found. Those amplets don't last the proverbial p***ing time and if you run out of gas and don't have a new amplet to spare, it's very unlikely you'll be able to get one from a fellow skirmisher since CO2 guns are rarely used. I've also been put off by the lack of readily available spare mags for them.
    The only upside of using them, in my opinion, is that they don't suffer from cool-down.

+ 1. I bought a CO2 mag for my 1911, got a pain in the janglers buying the amplets. It's in my Airsoft "It seemed like a good idea at the time" box. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

get the glock 23, it aint full auto but its one of the best GBBs i own, way better build quality than my KSCs which are meant to be the creme de la creme of GBBs.
    the only downside is its lack of trigger safety, but you can get one from kwausa.com for a fiver.
    great gun with good gas efficiency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Nope 328fps is bang on for .2g at 1J, plus you are allowed a little ''give'' anyway.
    I'm sorry to contradict you man but its 328 fps or lower there is no little give if its over its illegal thats the way the fat cats made it and thats the way we have to follow it to the letter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I'd really appreciate some advice. I have 180 in my paypal account, and I'm looking for a good pistol, or maybe some sort of SMG? I already have an AK so while another assault rifle was tempting, I suppose it'd be a waste....

I was looking at these:

http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=22_31&products_id=257

http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=22_31&products_id=6

http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=78

http://www.mainirishairsoft.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=435

What's the Well like? I know they make a lot of god awful budget pieces, so I'd be a little hesitant....Also, on the pistol front, I like the Glock but I've heard people muttering about ABS builds being more likely to break over time due to the blowback etc? this is something I heard mentioned a few times....

Any suggestions on how to waste my cash are very much appreciated!

It really depends on what you are looking for to be honest, that MP5 you linked is really good, although i would go for the J version since its got a collapstble stock making it far more compact, the MP7 is a bit hit and miss, about 20-30% of them can have faults. the glock 23 is a nice pistol but given the choice (and i already have one) i would take the 26c over it, its exactly the same size only it comes with the mech of the G18c so it can fire fully automatic aswell as semi. its also compatable with G18c mags including the 50rd ones, ive tried that and it was deadly., :D
    The M9 i dont know anything about but i love the feel of M9s in general.,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Evolute wrote: »
    I'm sorry to contradict you man but its 328 fps or lower there is no little give if its over its illegal thats the way the fat cats made it and thats the way we have to follow it to the letter.

Better get on to MIA so, cause they are advertising a GBB at 2fps over the limit.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Better get on to MIA so, cause they are advertising a GBB at 2fps over the limit.:eek:

I was just telling you that saying there is a little give is incorrect bro no need to be an arse hole about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

Captain Chaos MIA are a professionally ran shop in the business of selling airsoft toys, to make a childish mistake like that is inexcusable. If someone put an aeg or gbb up in the adverts section here as being 330fps with a 0.2g BB everyone here would be all over them like a cheap suit.

And you'll see mentioned many times in this forum there is NO give in the limit. If you imported something from outside the country and the Garda Ballistics tested it and it came out over 1 joule they would destroy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I think youll find the Guarda will NOT destory it, should the item in question not exceed a certain limit. That limit is not always exactly 328fps.

I'm not going to give the mods and excuse to close thread or ban me, but jsut so you know, in any, ANY area of work or measurement, where quantities or measurements or anything like that are retrieved, measured or calculated...there is ALWAYS a 10% leeway. Always.

No where in the world, does anyone go on EXACT measurements in truth.

There is so many influencing factors, especially in an airsoft chrono. ( unless its really used properly)

however that doesnt mean you can advertise the item at a higher limit then 328fps.... typo i think.

But a gun that goes 326 326 324 325 329 328 329 325

You wont see that been destoryed or not allowed onto a playing site, if it happend to me I'd be very very annoyed.

I think youll find the Guarda will NOT destory it, should the item in question not exceed a certain limit. That limit is not always exactly 328fps.

I'm not going to give the mods and excuse to close thread or ban me, but jsut so you know, in any, ANY area of work or measurement, where quantities or measurements or anything like that are retrieved, measured or calculated...there is ALWAYS a 10% leeway. Always.

No where in the world, does anyone go on EXACT measurements in truth.

There is so many influencing factors, especially in an airsoft chrono. ( unless its really used properly)

however that doesnt mean you can advertise the item at a higher limit then 328fps.... typo i think.

But a gun that goes 326 326 324 325 329 328 329 325

You wont see that been destoryed or not allowed onto a playing site, if it happend to me I'd be very very annoyed.

At last a voice of sanity. Why is it everytime this comes up the whole discussion turns into a bag of cats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Thanks for the replies. The co2 M92 is out of stock anyway so it'll probably be either the glock (26c?) or the mp5 - what brand is the cybergun? I mean, what was it before rebranding...I might mail MIA and see about that co2 m92, I can get 60 free canisters of co2 if needs be, so I think it'd work out at good value....or 3 free 1000ml of ultrair....how many mags would a 1000ml can do, out of interest? The MP7 is definitely out the window anyway.

Was this the gun you mentioned vtec? Looks pretty fugly in my opinion. :( Best second option? I'm not particular about full auto, semi is fine, but I want a pistol with a good weight, blowback and noise - really I'd prefer a glock or m92 but I'm open to anything that's decent....except not the deagle. :D

Another one now I'm looking at are the Galaxy mp5k and Mp7a1....so many choices. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

get either this

http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=76

this

http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_reviews.php?cPath=33&products_id=21

or if you can find them

this

http://cgi.ebay.com/HFC-V2-METAL-FULL-AUTO-Airsoft-Beretta-Gas-Pistol-M9-NR_W0QQitemZ360091003409QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item360091003409

this is the dark horse of pistols at the moment the v2 of hfc berettas
    they shoot further and feel nicer than the other stuff
    i've had to modiy my pistols to get the cloe to the outa the box performance scope gets from his

its rare it powerful its what you are looking for

here is a review
    http://www.airsoftretreat.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=164

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Does anyone here test Airsofts for the Gardai? As far as I'm aware no one here does so can all the arm chair Garda ballistics experts please not state facts that they cannt backup. We work off the definition thats written in to law untill another one comes a long. This thread is fast turning in to a waste of space, this many posts about 2fps is pretty sad so back on topic please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

IMO any of the Full Metal KJW GBBs are a good buy. I've tried their M9, 226 and USP, all lovely.

i would like to draw the ops attention to the jg 18c thread

you could get 3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Thanks for the replies. The co2 M92 is out of stock anyway so it'll probably be either the glock (26c?) or the mp5 - what brand is the cybergun? I mean, what was it before rebranding...I might mail MIA and see about that co2 m92, I can get 60 free canisters of co2 if needs be, so I think it'd work out at good value....or 3 free 1000ml of ultrair....how many mags would a 1000ml can do, out of interest? The MP7 is definitely out the window anyway.

Was this the gun you mentioned vtec? Looks pretty fugly in my opinion. :( Best second option? I'm not particular about full auto, semi is fine, but I want a pistol with a good weight, blowback and noise - really I'd prefer a glock or m92 but I'm open to anything that's decent....except not the deagle. :D

Another one now I'm looking at are the Galaxy mp5k and Mp7a1....so many choices. :(

The Cybergun MP5s are rebranded JG ones, this is the one id go for though, since its more compact and with the warehouse opening uop and all., :)
    tm_mp5j.jpg

that glock you linked to , thats the 26c i was talking about., its a great little gun and feels really comfy, even for my shovel hands.,

If its a good kick your after then have a look at KJ works Sig 226 or 229 or the HFC USP's, they have full auto and semi too aswell as a metal slide etc.,

oh, where can you get the C02 canisters btw? i need a few myself., :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Have to back up the usp mentioned above, lovely piece of kit, I love mine :)

With 180 to spend you have yourself alot of options, sniper rifles, pistols, smgs.

Mp5s are always a popular choice for smg, but the mp5k is a lovely little piece.

Pistol wise id say go with what you think looks cool, best off having a mosey into one of the shops and have a little hands on.

And richie....get back to work..m16 m16 m16 m16 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

That M109 at http://cgi.ebay.com/HFC-V2-METAL-FUL...em360091003409 looks good value, seeing as the case is included.

But the ad says 350fps, now that is definitely over the limit.

Oh, and don't forget the "Beretta Bite" either. If you don't hold it correctly, the slide is liable to take a chunk out of the base of your thumb on the way back. That's a design fault in the original real steel, so any accurate replica will do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

IMO any of the Full Metal KJW GBBs are a good buy. I've tried their M9, 226 and USP, all lovely.

firstly Lethal , welcome back from the gulag!

i have to agree the kjw are really good. the m9 i have is also very accurate.

welcome TerrorFirmer to the hell we all go through! you can break it down a bit, do you want another potential primary or do you want a true secondary? that might help you classify what you want and reduce the choice a bit.

look at it this way, you will own them all eventually!! LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Actually...

I've been looking at KJW's m93 on ehobby lately, if its full metal, it looks the biz

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

With regards to the M9 on MIA
    look at the details. Its the Photo that said 330 (a whole 2fps)
    Its happened before where an online store uses stock photos of products with incorrect details on
    them.

The Product details say 315fps with .2g!!!!!
    Details:
    Dimension:210mm length
    Scale:1:1
    Weight:950g
    Loads:24 rounds
    Meterial:Metal,ABS
    Velocity:315fps on 0.2g

To the OP, I'd stay away from the Well MP7.
    I'd pick the Berretta or the Glock. (Although I hate the look of the glock)
    The MP5 is nice but its Cybergun and I've heard not so nice stories about some
    of their products, If they are JG Re-Branded then happy days.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Well I have this already so that's decent enough that I wouldn't really want another full primary rifle, plus at only 180 I won't get something that outclasses it in looks and feel which are pretty important to me!

I'm very tempted by the MP5, though it'd be the CG one as I much prefer the full stock. I had a cheap CYMA MP5 and I actually loved it, so a 'proper' MP5 would be the biz, but then again it's not really a sidearm then which is what I just said I didn't want....Going to cycle through a few pistols now again. Thanks lads for all the advice. Appreciate it.

• Advertisement

go to the gathering 3 and try the lads's pistols

Advertisement