Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary Teaching Prerequisites

Options
  • 22-09-2008 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just a very quick one i think.......

I will be applying to do a Grad Dip in Primary Teaching and was wondering if the fact that my degree (3rd class honors Batchelor of Science in IT for UL) will count against me getting considered for interview? I have my honor in higher level irish but i was worried that so many other applicants would have 1.1 degrees that i would not get to interview stage!

any opinions much appreciated:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

I believe that once you are eligible for the course, you are entitled to an interview.
    Whether or not they place any weight on your degree grade in the final decision for a place, after the interview, I don't know.
    But you should still get an interview anyway, I believe.
    You do with Hibernia anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭mossyj

thanks for the reply, i was hoping that might be case!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭mossyj

Just one more thing...

If i decided to do the Hpid in England/Scotland when i came back would i still have to sit that Irish exam even though I got an Honour in the Leaving?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Yes, you would.
    The exam is called the SCG, & you have 5 yrs from beginning your 1st teaching position to complete it.
    The SCG is equivalent to the level of Irish taught in the Irish teacher training colleges, not to the Leaving Cert Irish level.

Advertisement